IGNORED

To Dave L And Older City Fans

I've got a friend (much older than I) who is at present, not old enough to get an OAP season ticket, but his Birthday is about October, and would be cheaper for him to POTD the entire season (mostly as a pensioner) than buy a season ticket at the moment. He's been a ST holder in the Dolman for goodness knows how long, but can't renew this season as he can't afford it. Anyone got any experience of this, and can you Dave L do anything

I've got a friend (much older than I) who is at present, not old enough to get an OAP season ticket, but his Birthday is about October, and would be cheaper for him to POTD the entire season (mostly as a pensioner) than buy a season ticket at the moment. He's been a ST holder in the Dolman for goodness knows how long, but can't renew this season as he can't afford it. Anyone got any experience of this, and can you Dave L do anything

Mate of mine had the same problem and the club said there was a cut off date and that was that! Club suggested he went potd until the half season tickets came out but problem there is you cannot guarantee the same seat will be available. He got a oap mate to buy the ticket and he used it himself to get round it. Result for him and a loss for the club.

Good point.

I’ve renewed my season ticket as I’m not quite at the OAP stage but will be half way through the season. This means I pay full price for every game.

On the other hand, there are some who benefit from the exiting rules. Those who are juveniles at the beginning of the season pay the reduced rate regardless of when their birthday falls.

So I suppose it’d swings and roundabouts.

I have never had the confidence to purchase a season ticket, having said that i have never been a "full on supporter" since the heady days of the seventies, with financial restrictions as in a young family at the time and a wife who actually read bank statements it was always POTD, so i always picked and chose, and with hindsight i think it's the way forward, not knocking ST holders who ae the backbone of the club, just saying....different strokes for different folks, i will soon be into this OAP conundrum, **** it, never did act my age and i'me not starting now !

My mate (61) goes to most games as POTD OAP in the Dolman, he gets someone else to get his ticket on line , saving about tenner a game, BUT that tenner is the difference twixt attending and staying at home as he simply couldn't afford full price . So whilst on a technicality flimping the club £10, he also gives them £16 they would not otherwise have !

My mate (61) goes to most games as POTD OAP in the Dolman, he gets someone else to get his ticket on line , saving about tenner a game, BUT that tenner is the difference twixt attending and staying at home as he simply couldn't afford full price . So whilst on a technicality flimping the club £10, he also gives them £16 they would not otherwise have !

Interesting slant on fraud! Like the music pirates that say "I wouldn't have gotten into this band and gone to their concerts if I didn't steal their albums and hear their music"! Not knocking it, as we all look to cut corners where we can, and I'd probably do the same if I could! At 27 I'm going disturbingly grey so maybe it won't be too long :laugh:

Archived