IGNORED

Trades Unions Funding The New Labour Party

Mr Mosquito

We've known for a long time now that the New Labour Party has been hijacked by middle class lawyer and college lecturer types and they couldn't care less about ordinary British workers. So why do many Unions continue to fund the New Labour Party via a political levy? Some Union members - including me up until a few years ago - are also completely unaware that their Union subscriptions fund the New Labour Party and thus the aspirations of many middle class cloud cuckoo land Labour MPs that have never actually done a day's work for a rubbish wage in their entire cossetted lives. I've been in various Trades Unions for over 20 years and I'm pretty annoyed that a proportion of my hard earned Union dues have gone towards financing the likes of Labour's Tony Blair and Neil Kinnock and their European Union project treachery.

Personally, I think Unions should continue to have a political levy and there should be the opportunity to tick boxes against the political party(s) you wish to support via a Union contribution. The main point of Unions is to combat tyrannical employers and get the best deal for their members but many Unions have lost sight of this when they sponsor New Labour who have done nothing but help keep the British worker down.

Outdated irrelevant dinosaurs.

Well, I've been in workplaces where good Union stewards have helped keep the jobs of employees that would otherwise have been stitched up and sacked by pathological liar management. E.g. I worked at The Cattle Market Road Head Post Office in Bristol and clearly remember the pathological liar management that afflicted that workplace. The UCW Postal Worker Union of my day was a bloody good Union for combatting those management despots. Anyway, I still can't understand why some Unions continue to finance New Labour when New Labour have done nothing to undo the anti Trades Union legislation introduced by the Tories.

Completely and utterly incorrect.

Currently keeping someone employed who otherwise would've been dismissed after management bull and intimidation

You're completely correct Mr Mabbutt because there must be - literally - tens of thousands of employees up and down the country that would otherwise be out of work were it not for timely interventions by their Unions. It's an employers market and an employee needs all the protection he/she can muster in this current hire and fire employment market. Were this not so then why would even senior management be in Unions and secret societies - ahem....e.g. Free Masons - that could help them in times of trouble?

A lot of unions have not got their money's worth from the Labour party. I think Miliband is a bit like a turkey voting for Christmas - cutting the amount of funding from the unions. The tories will always be the party of self-interest, big business and the rich man so I doubt they will ever be short of money.

Hit the Tories where it hurts. Remember that the core support for the Tories - the mega rich Tory landowners - can be hit hard by voting UKIP. If UKIP get a bigger slice of the Tory vote then the Conservative Party will be forced - kicking and screaming - to get us out of the EU. The Tory landowners will then lose their massive EU Common Agricultural Policy grants that are paid for via our taxes via Britain's huge EU membership fees. Also, Tory big businesses and landowners will then not be able to - for example - exploit workers from different EU countries to compete against each other on different rates of pay.

Why dont trade unions have their own MP`s and stand for parliment instead of pouring money into their puppets?

Anyone can start their own company if they dont like the one they are working for..............I did; maybe stop putting money into unions and put it into their own enterprise..........just a thought.

Believe in yourself, do it yourself. British Workers can be British Bosses, try it you may like it..........there is another way.

Why dont trade unions have their own MP`s and stand for parliment instead of pouring money into their puppets?

Anyone can start their own company if they dont like the one they are working for..............I did; maybe stop putting money into unions and put it into their own enterprise..........just a thought.

Believe in yourself, do it yourself. British Workers can be British Bosses, try it you may like it..........there is another way.

couldn't agree more. there's always another way and this should be where the younger generation aim.

Aye well said.

That's it,my £2 a week I pay to my union will go a long way into helping me run my own business!!

Meanwhile, in the real world, most of us ordinary workers are struggling to make ends meet,we are under constant threat and intimidation from our bosses and are more than happy to pay and belong to a Union.

The Union help us,yes, the ordinary working person like me are proud to be in a Union.

Without Unions,we would all still be working 75 hours a week for a 20p an hour.

That's it,my £2 a week I pay to my union will go a long way into helping me run my own business!!

Meanwhile, in the real world, most of us ordinary workers are struggling to make ends meet,we are under constant threat and intimidation from our bosses and are more than happy to pay and belong to a Union.

The Union help us,yes, the ordinary working person like me are proud to be in a Union.

indeed and the Labour party levy has over the past 30 years gone a long way to improving the working mans lot?, yeah right.

No clue as to what you do but instead of doing it for someone else, d.i.y; be self employed first then a company after.

I left school 45yrs ago with nothing no qualifications at all, still have not a lot but at least I`m doing it for me, (and now with my son whos worked with me for past 6yrs).

Pay is really carp getting about the same a month now as I was a week not that long ago.

I`ve been an "ordinary worker" but would never go back to being one whatever happens in my yrs left...believe in yourself, anyone can be or do whatever they want.............if they want to.

And to practically give away booze and ruin our pubs.

we have no pubs, only restaraunts that serve booze; the smoking ban did not help them either

Archived