IGNORED

Local Club Needs You!

CosmosUK

Hi all, despite some previously negative replies, I have had some luck with the OTIB community in the past so here goes!

As some of you may or not be aware, Cosmos UK FC was set up last year mainly to establish a local side paying tribute to the great New York Cosmos team of the 70s and 80s. Since then we have continued to grow and now have two adult male sides, with plans for a youth team in the pipeline. Our first team now competes in the Bristol Suburban League which is part of the football pyramid, and our reserves compete in the Downs League.

Perhaps the biggest change we have gone through lately is that of becoming an official affiliate of the New York Cosmos, as they are preparing to commence their first season for 30 years in the US. We now have sole image rights to the Cosmos logo and name in the UK, and are in discussions with the board in the US to grant us a yearly budget.

Great! so why do I come to the OTIB forum?

Despite all these Hollywood changes at the club, we still need local players, local volunteers etc to represent our stance and mandate as a community club.

Therefore, if anyone is interested in dusting off their boots, looking for a new challenge or simply looking to play football for the first time please let me know at our email address: cosmosuk@hotmail.co.uk

We also need a coach and a club photographer for this season. Check out our website at www.cosmosukfootballclub.co.uk

Thanks for your time

Max

Hi all, despite some previously negative replies, I have had some luck with the OTIB community in the past so here goes!

As some of you may or not be aware, Cosmos UK FC was set up last year mainly to establish a local side paying tribute to the great New York Cosmos team of the 70s and 80s. Since then we have continued to grow and now have two adult male sides, with plans for a youth team in the pipeline. Our first team now competes in the Bristol Suburban League which is part of the football pyramid, and our reserves compete in the Downs League.

Perhaps the biggest change we have gone through lately is that of becoming an official affiliate of the New York Cosmos, as they are preparing to commence their first season for 30 years in the US. We now have sole image rights to the Cosmos logo and name in the UK, and are in discussions with the board in the US to grant us a yearly budget.

Great! so why do I come to the OTIB forum?

Despite all these Hollywood changes at the club, we still need local players, local volunteers etc to represent our stance and mandate as a community club.

Therefore, if anyone is interested in dusting off their boots, looking for a new challenge or simply looking to play football for the first time please let me know at our email address: cosmosuk@hotmail.co.uk

We also need a coach and a club photographer for this season. Check out our website at www.cosmosukfootballclub.co.uk

Thanks for your time

Max

Wish you all the luck in the world mate, but not sure you'll find many that want to play on a Saturday on here.

Wish you all the luck in the world mate, but not sure you'll find many that want to play on a Saturday on here.

Thanks mate. True, but I was a season ticket holder up till the beginning of last season, then realised I should probably enjoy playing the game I love whilst im still young, Bristol City will still be thrilling me with mediocre football long after I have retired :laugh: ;)

Thanks mate. True, but I was a season ticket holder up till the beginning of last season, then realised I should probably enjoy playing the game I love whilst im still young, Bristol City will still be thrilling me with mediocre football long after I have retired :laugh:;)

You're probably right, but I could never play on a Saturday when I was young. I signed on for a couple of teams but would only play when City were away. This of course led to me spending the majority of the time on the bench. Always played Sunday mornings instead.

You may be lucky though, there may be a few who fancy a season away from Ashton Gate, especially with the lower standard on offer.

Hi Max,

What league are you going to play in this season? I manage Rockleaze 4ths in Suburban 4. Could look at a pre season friendly.

Wanna get a few years playing out before I'm at the gate every game!!

Give me a PM if you might be interested.

Hi mate, unfortunately we are jam packed with games right up to the start of the season! Have a game in Swansea tommorow and weve got a mini tour coinciding with our trips to leyton orient and watford with the New York Cosmos. Hopefully we can sort something next year though, We are in Suburban 5!

Max

Archived