IGNORED

Friendly Canceled

M_Porter

Ok so topic title is slightly misleading but I want you all to know how disgusted I am with cheltenham Town FC

As some of you know I live in Pill and my local team is St Georges Easton - in -Eordano and were due to play Cheltenham Town tomorrow 3pm KO at Court Hay , Pill

Today, well in fact just a few hours ago they get a call from CTFC to say they need to cancel the match as they cant raise a squad !

Now having helped out myself over the last week I know the effort that has gone into making it a big day tomorrow, for them its like us playing Barcelona (The real team not the muppets up the road)

Not to mention the money they have spent on promo items to sell to raise funds, they dont have much money and what they did have went into raising more funds tomorrow.

I cant believe a team like CTFC seem to have no idea what an impact this type of action has on small clubs.

Anyway rant over and mods if your looking for a City link Paul Cheesley started at this club

Cheers

Mark

Ok so topic title is slightly misleading but I want you all to know how disgusted I am with cheltenham Town FC

As some of you know I live in Pill and my local team is St Georges Easton - in -Eordano and were due to play Cheltenham Town tomorrow 3pm KO at Court Hay , Pill

Today, well in fact just a few hours ago they get a call from CTFC to say they need to cancel the match as they cant raise a squad !

Now having helped out myself over the last week I know the effort that has gone into making it a big day tomorrow, for them its like us playing Barcelona (The real team not the muppets up the road)

Not to mention the money they have spent on promo items to sell to raise funds, they dont have much money and what they did have went into raising more funds tomorrow.

I cant believe a team like CTFC seem to have no idea what an impact this type of action has on small clubs.

Anyway rant over and mods if your looking for a City link Paul Cheesley started at this club

Cheers

Mark

Sorry to hear that, its disgusting how a 'professional' club cannot raise a squad for a friendly.

That's pretty poor, sorry to hear about it. Sure a massive amount of effort has gone into it, and had we done the same to Ashton & Backwell or Clevedon it wouldn't go down well I'm sure.

But on that note, how on earth can a football league team not raise a squad 3 weeks before the season kicks off!?

Cheers

Mark

Shame that. I ran one of St Georges youth teams a few years ago and know what a decent bunch you have there. Hope you recover some money in another way.

Shame that. I ran one of St Georges youth teams a few years ago and know what a decent bunch you have there. Hope you recover some money in another way.

Yeah a real shame, and as you ran the youth team, have you seen the stats for this season just gone ?

603601_476523575753353_1016125455_n.jpg

Real shame that. I was considering piping in for that one. Wasn't there some controversy with a certain I Holloway a few years back when he no-showed as guest of honer for an unavailing?

Prahaps Dave L could have a word about getting our youth team down for a kick around?

Keep up the good work m_porter

Yeah a real shame, and as you ran the youth team, have you seen the stats for this season just gone ?

603601_476523575753353_1016125455_n.jpg

Impressive. I did it for 3 seasons from u 15's - u 18's but that was 5 years ago. There were a few good local lads who may be palying for the mens set up now.

Just goes to show how worthwhile our last two friendlies were. Fantastic effort from the club.

Having played for a small local western league club I know how tight funds can be and how important it is to do anything you can to raise the funds and profile of the club. Especially as a lot of people give absolutely everything for the club and don't get anything back in return. This quite frankly is pathetic from a club like Cheltenham and they have well and truly gone down in my estimations.

Really sorry to hear this fella. I am sure all the hard work you have all put in will be rewarded one day by a proper club. Not a mickey mouse outfit like Cheltenham.

They should be ashamed of themselves. Disgusting.

Just saw this and am confused as I'm actually seeing them tomorrow against Cirencester? (Brother in law is local a Cirencester fan)

So surely it's only their youth team you would have been playing anyway?

Unsure how a game against a youth team is such a big deal?

Either way, slight over reaction, albeit disapointing for you.

• Admin

Cheers

Mark

This forum is a Football forum so this topic was fine anyway without the City link.

Disgraceful behaviour from Cheltenham, I'd be interested to know if your friendly was arranged before the Cirencester one as it seems like they are just prioritising that at your expense.

Just saw this and am confused as I'm actually seeing them tomorrow against Cirencester? (Brother in law is local a Cirencester fan)

So surely it's only their youth team you would have been playing anyway?

Unsure how a game against a youth team is such a big deal?

Either way, slight over reaction, albeit disapointing for you.

You know for sure they would have sent the youth team? Maybe they would have sent a mixture like we did to Backwell or Clevedon.

Either way, a professional clubs team pitching up to a Somerset Senior league side is a pretty big deal.

As long as City haven't cancelled their away game against Torquay tomorrow to play some Scottish third division team. ....

Seriously though, I'm sorry to read that Cheltenham have cancelled, hopefully City can send a side down at some point and your local side get a good workout and a reasonable payday.

Cheltenham town are actually playing away at Cirencester tomorrow ko 3pm,so was the game against first team or youth team?even so it is still not on for Cheltenham they should be ashamed of themselves

It was defo an adult team, albeit perhaps a reserve team, still a big deal for us non the less.

They had already changed the dates once:

935830_10151740051837534_1268245319_n.jp

Cheers

Mark

Perhaps they wanted to visit AG to see a decent team playing football.

I'd like City to send a team there, it's too late now for this season but next season, it could be our Ashton type game.

With you on this, would it be impossible for City & Rovers to put a squad together to help out E-I-G?

Local football is so important, the senior clubs should help out.

Archived