IGNORED

Today's Skipper And For The Season?

coxyboy

Don't thing this had been covered, skipper for today and most important fir season ahead?

What I have seen so far Flint to be looks a natural leader, can't see SOD giving it to Fonts, do other candidates poss could be Cunningham, Kelly or Marv if he plays? Thoughts

This:

I have sean down as being the kind of coach who realises that it does not really matter, since you need multiple leaders on the pitch and full discipline from the whole squad

But also this:

Got to be Cunningham me thinks. Only man from old bunch of players who deserves it

I'll probably get slammed for suggesting it but I wonder if making JET captain would help get the best out of him, similarly to warnock did at qpr.

Taraabt wore the arm band but Derry was essentially still the boss. Could be just what JET needs, will Carey as club captain.

I was thinking the same thing

I was impressed with the amount of talking and helping Cunningham did against Clevedon last week, I never realised he was so vocal. He really was trying to guilde the youngsters through. If that makes for a good captain, he gets my vote.

I was impressed with the amount of talking and helping Cunningham did against Clevedon last week, I never realised he was so vocal. He really was trying to guilde the youngsters through. If that makes for a good captain, he gets my vote.

Everytime i hear him speak on the radio i cant help but picture him on top of a horse being interviewed by claire baulding.

Everytime i hear him speak on the radio i cant help but picture him on top of a horse being interviewed by claire baulding.

Ha ha, don't...you got that image in my head too now!

For people who suggest Flint, I like the captain to be leading from the back too (if that makes sense), but I feel I need to see more of him before I can judge if he is captain material, I don't know him well enough yet. Also I think the captain should be a player who is likely to be playing every game when fit, so that rules some out already.

Archived