IGNORED

Louis Carey - Record Breaker

Randy Marsh

As much as they will deny it, Carey signed on to break the record. Will imagine he won't play for a large part of the season, and make a few sub appearances in order to reach the record. Judging by today, I think he's finally past it.

Hope he breaks it. Hope he plays amazingly well this season. A bloke from Bristol, and Atyeo will always hold the goal record. LOUIS CAREY IS A LEGEND. Bloody otib anti Carey brigade

I would agree,he is a legend. However, he should be no where near the appearance record, 2 years too many IMO, and sadly, his reputation will be tarnished for a few years because a couple of managers never had the spuds to let him go.

I would agree,he is a legend. However, he should be no where near the appearance record, 2 years too many IMO, and sadly, his reputation will be tarnished for a few years because a couple of managers never had the spuds to let him go.

Rubbish, never let us down when he played last season. In fact he was our best defender in most of the games he played. He'll walk league one even as an old man.

Rubbish, never let us down when he played last season. In fact he was our best defender in most of the games he played. He'll walk league one even as an old man.

Thanks!!

I don't reckon he'll start 10 games but we'll see.

I hope he does break the record, just because it is something that rarely happens (if at all) in the modern game.

Too much money flying about for any player to stay in one place for long enough for it to happen, I applaud his loyalty (even if he is past his best)

Quick question as I have no idea, when was the last time a player beat a club appearance record for any english league team?

I hope he does break the record, just because it is something that rarely happens (if at all) in the modern game.

Too much money flying about for any player to stay in one place for long enough for it to happen, I applaud his loyalty (even if he is past his best)

Quick question as I have no idea, when was the last time a player beat a club appearance record for any english league team?

Loyalty? So, he would have already broken the record if he didn't **** off to Coventry for a year.

This whole topic used to wind me up no end until robbored of all people summed it up nicely. One will have a statue, a stand named after him and be revered by all on lookers as our greatest ever player, the other will have his name next to a number in a book somewhere.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill, the appearence record has notbing to do with greatness or ability. Sadly for me its an indictment of our awful decline over the past 3 to 4 years.

Ryan Giggs probably

This whole topic used to wind me up no end until robbored of all people summed it up nicely. One will have a statue, a stand named after him and be revered by all on lookers as our greatest ever player, the other will have his name next to a number in a book somewhere.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill, the appearence record has notbing to do with greatness or ability. Sadly for me its an indictment of our awful decline over the past 3 to 4 years.

Nail hit firmly on the head.

The record appearance maker is the person who's played the most games for the club, it has nothing to do with ability.

Well that is odd, as if you didn't have ability, you would never get picked so much!

This is the most stark example of 'jobs for the boys'.

To compare Ateyo to Carey is to compare Gordon Banks to David James.

Carey should not have got a contract this year, and cheapens all the outstanding service he has given to the club.

If he had not gone to Coventry he would have broken the record whilst still playing at an acceptable level, not by being given a "charity" contract.

If he does an ACL in game #1 do we keep him on next year as well?

If if if, bla bla bla.

Shame on you.

Louis Carey has put his all for us and battles any ****** that tries to get the better of him on the pitch.

How many other centre backs have we had down the years that won't turn their back on anything, will close it down and stick their head in the way when it'll hurt most.

He's been a hero for us over the years and is valuable for the club.

Archived