IGNORED

Did Fans Let The Club Down Yesterday?

Red Knowle

Terrible attendance from city fans for a prestige friendly. Fans making excuses over everything for not going. Yesterday there was passion on show only for one club. Seriously If I was Steve Lansdown I would be doing some thinking about future friendlies.

Not interested in spending good money to watch a team with such a bigoted history :disapointed2se:

Terrible attendance from city fans for a prestige friendly. Fans making excuses over everything for not going. Yesterday there was passion on show only for one club. Seriously If I was Steve Lansdown I would be doing some thinking about future friendlies.

Let's put this right, it was not a friendly as such more of an business transaction for Foster.

I think all the fans who gave it large about driving him to where ever etc let the club down, they should of at least bought a ticket regardless if they were to attend.

Was on train back yesterday to Manchester after the game and quite a few rangers fans were on there. They were saying they were disgusted by the support we had yesterday, couldn't resist piping up and asked them why. There reason was there one of biggest clubs in uk and we should be grateful to play them. Asked them if so big why they signed a player off little ole us and why there goal scorer was at queen of the south previously, why if there so big why there in div2 of Scottish league and not on a tour of Asia like most big clubs. Then lost interest for had 20mins of all the world hates them and they were victimized.

Just think if a club has the attitude you should be grateful to play us I have no time for them. There fans were noisy but there we are bigger than you attitude I didn't like at all.

To go back to the first post here...... yes a let down. Fair play to those who turned up. :thumbsup: The same ones I suspect who will be there next season and supporting their club through thick and thin.

Not using any possible excuse not to be there....... holidays, early ko and high prices. People from all over the country down for an early ko and some of you can't make it from round the corner.

Friendly or not it's cash in the bank for your club.

Was on train back yesterday to Manchester after the game and quite a few rangers fans were on there. They were saying they were disgusted by the support we had yesterday, couldn't resist piping up and asked them why. There reason was there one of biggest clubs in uk and we should be grateful to play them. Asked them if so big why they signed a player off little ole us and why there goal scorer was at queen of the south previously, why if there so big why there in div2 of Scottish league and not on a tour of Asia like most big clubs. Then lost interest for had 20mins of all the world hates them and they were victimized.

Just think if a club has the attitude you should be grateful to play us I have no time for them. There fans were noisy but there we are bigger than you attitude I didn't like at all.

Sorry to hear you had the misfortune of meeting a few (no doubt drunk) arseholes, but I can assure you that Rangers fans in general don't have a bad attitude and think we're better than other clubs. Obviously facts are facts though and we are indeed a massive club with a massive support. Ultimately, we're probably a bigger club than maybe 95% of the other clubs in the UK. Our fans generally wouldn't be going around boasting about our stature though, especially after the horrific couple of years we've had with arsehole owners almost driving our club off a cliff and our own league and authorities in Scotland bending us over and ******* us up the arse repeatedly. Our club's basically been at it's lowest point in 141 years and it's going to be a few years before we're back to our best and challenging for the big prizes again. In a way we've been humbled by a combination of mismanagement and enemies of our club ******* us over.

Anyway, it's one of these things with football supports, you're always going to get some drunk arseholes and you're always going to get some fannies who think they're big men, hard men, better than other people etc etc. That's just life and we deal with it at every football club, but the small minority of arseholes who let us down in various ways don't represent the thousands of really cool, passionate and genuinely nice people who support our clubs.

The other thing I wanted to say is that as well as attending games I'm an admin on a Gers forum, a member of several Gers forums and follow hundreds of our fans on twitter and while there is still a section of our support with real sectarian issues, it's actually something which is dying out really fast in the Rangers fan culture, so it's a little sad to see some of you guys casting all Rangers fans with the "sectarian club" brush. Rangers fans have worked pretty hard for roughly the past decade to shed the sectarian crap from our support as much as possible, but there's always going to be an element of it remaining and that's something we just deal with and live with. It's certainly not a majority though, I can assure you. The political nature of a lot of our songs actually paint a completely false picture of that aspect and a lot of fans would rather not sing about political stuff at the football, so there's been a concerted effort on that front as well and over the past couple of years a lot of new songs have been introduced to our song book which are non-political and just about our club and history.

Anyway, I won't rant on any more and will sign off by just saying thanks for welcoming us to Bristol and Ashton Gate and you guys would be made welcome at Ibrox any time, so hopefully you can make it up to Glasgow for a friendly either next year or at some other point in the future.

Cheers!

I was down at Calstock in Cornwall last week, and I noticed a pitch with goals but no markings.

"That's odd", I thought.

Then I thought "D'oh - it's the close season!".

Then I realised that I'd forgotten that football even had a close season.

I did say at the time that £16 for a friendly would ensure a poor crowd, and was roundly lambasted on here for moaning about the cost and about how it would sell out....

£16 for a friendly was stupid when a season ticket costs £14 a game. I reckon priced at a tenner we would have easily done 13,000-15,000

Not using any possible excuse not to be there....... holidays, early ko and high prices. People from all over the country down for an early ko and some of you can't make it from round the corner.

No offence but I couldn't give a flying **** about your football club and decided you weren't worth the bother.

To go back to the first post here...... yes a let down. Fair play to those who turned up. :thumbsup: The same ones I suspect who will be there next season and supporting their club through thick and thin.

Your words might carry more weight if you weren't based in Bristol yourself.

I personally find watching friendlies a waste of time.

Normally there are too many subs and no real flow to the game.

Whereas the manager may find this useful, i don't.

I am a season ticket holder and i am quite happy to wait until Aug 3rd before reaquainting myself with Aston Gate.

I know this is not everyones view.

Haven't read the whole thread but I think that it's a bit stupid to start having a go at fans for not turning up to a pre season, this was always going to mean more to Rangers fans than it was to us. They've got bruised egos and a point to prooooove, fair play to them for coming down and I hope they had a good day, I'm sure it was good practice for us and that's all we wanted from it

Pre season friendlies are a huge rip off. You pay it if you want to but I won't not ever.

I have hardly been to any friendly games in my 22 years of supporting BCFC. I simply have more important things to spend my money on - and £16 on top of my barely afforded season ticket for the coming season was just not an option. To think someone can have a go because a number of supporters did not go to a friendly. I am as good as supporter of this club as most, and being criticised for not going to a friendly is preposterous! And if it had been the Rangers of a few years ago I expect a few more might have been there - but not me.

Since when did friendlies matter, other than for the players and coaching staff working on things that don't matter if they work or not!!

I enjoyed my Saturday in the sun with my family, probably had a far better time than you, and it didn't cost a penny.

For me,us playing Shrewsbury and Crawley in a league game is a million times more important than playing your lot,

Just so you know!

Archived