IGNORED

Fa Cup

Eco

No chance with the cricket sky has improved the quality of cricket broadcast hugely.

They have improved it, but I feel it was an error to let it go to them after the 2005 ashes. People were gaining an interest in cricket for the first time in living memory and then all of sudden couldn't watch it on tv.

Glad the BBC have the cup back, even though they have the most depressing team of pundits at least there isn't adverts every 2 minutes.

I don't see why BBC couldn't get it to be honest, they currently don't show anything on BBC 3 during the day, there are people around who could easily be presenters and commentators. For example could they link commentary with TMS in some way? Have people like Michael Vaughan, I expect Marcus Trescothick to go into commentary as well. The BBC could target some people that Sky get in for county games, Mark Ramprakash, Mark Butcher, Rob Key amongst others.

I don't see why BBC couldn't get it to be honest, they currently don't show anything on BBC 3 during the day, there are people around who could easily be presenters and commentators. For example could they link commentary with TMS in some way? Have people like Michael Vaughan, I expect Marcus Trescothick to go into commentary as well. The BBC could target some people that Sky get in for county games, Mark Ramprakash, Mark Butcher, Rob Key amongst others.

It's not that simple,Sky can throw money at it in the bidding process, the BBC can't.

It's not that simple,Sky can throw money at it in the bidding process, the BBC can't.

True but is the case with cricket that it can only be shown on 1 channel? Aren't some football events like champions league final, world cup final etc shown on 2 channels?

BBC could offer a alternative viewing platform?

I also don't see why BBC couldn't show domestic cricket on TV that Sky doesn't show. Just saying but I can't see why Somerset haven't been on TV yet for T20's, one of the sides that usually makes it to finals day, a team people want to watch in players like Buttler, Kieswetter, Trescothick, Trego etc. Yet Lancashire we're on 3 times in a week.

BBC could show a lot of county cricket and like I said before with nothing being shown on BBC 3 atm during the day I can't see why they couldn't show 4 day cricket during the day.

True but is the case with cricket that it can only be shown on 1 channel? Aren't some football events like champions league final, world cup final etc shown on 2 channels?

I also don't see why BBC couldn't show domestic cricket on TV that Sky doesn't show. Just saying but I can't see why Somerset haven't been on TV yet for T20's, one of the sides that usually makes it to finals day, a team people want to watch in players like Buttler, Kieswetter, Trescothick, Trego etc. Yet Lancashire we're on 3 times in a week.

BBC could show a lot of county cricket and like I said before with nothing being shown on BBC 3 atm during the day I can't see why they couldn't show 4 day cricket during the day.

Typically the one day I hadn't checked the TV for T20 games and Somerset are on.... against Northants of all sides though.

I think the BBC could save money by closing down BBC 3, can't really see the point of the channel. Like your idea though, maybe they could use BBC4 which doesn't start until 7pm. When I were a lad the Beeb showed Gillette/Nat West Cup/ B& H Cup/John Player Sunday League & all home test matches, now they don't even show highlights a terible state of affairs.

Not sure of the correct term but BBC3 shares the same output as cbeebies, likewise BBC4 and the other kids tv channel. That's why cbeebies finished at 6:55 and BBC3 starts at 7.

Sure if they brought rights to something like the cricket they could sort something out to keep both on air at the same time.

Archived