IGNORED

Blatter 'determined' To Switch 2022 World Cup

Lrrr

Wonder what the heads of other nations will say though, especially European countries as it will mean all of them swapping seasons around. Some already have a winter break, but would put strain on the rest of the year.

Everyone will roll over and accept it, just like everything else that happens in modern football

I'm not as sure, the amount of money clubs make from the Champions League, technically players are contracted to their clubs and are released to play for their country aren't they? Not like Rugby where the RFU pays the players and then compensates clubs when players are taken away for international duty.

I'm not as sure, the amount of money clubs make from the Champions League, technically players are contracted to their clubs and are released to play for their country aren't they? Not like Rugby where the RFU pays the players and then compensates clubs when players are taken away for international duty.

Try saying that to Claude Makalele. He retired from international football. Didn't stop France calling him up and stopping him playing for the team that paid him!

I think this will be the death nail for International football myself. The top clubs wont accept it and there is way to much money involved in the domestic and European competitions.

Also someone will challenge this in court (one of the other bidding nations) as its a requirement in the bid application that the tournament must be held in the summer and as such if the terms of the tournament are changed now then the bidding selection was flawed.

Archived