IGNORED

Tin Man Is A ..

Red Knowle

Don't understand it.

Buy your kid a shirt, send him out on the park, " C'mon shi ...", Coaches would phone Social services.

Once saw a ugly scruffy fat Gashead with brown teeth call a better dressed and in shape smaller red that at an Ingerlund game.

The red struck grubby fatty on the hooter and made him cry.

Natural law.

Yes ...

Because he f##kin is of course........

We all are FFS.....

No we are not i am not nor is my family or fans I go to the match with. I have seen flags with slogans wurzels EE badges stickers grafitti but not that. Support your local football club be a shithead not going to work is it?? It is an insult.

I don't think I have ever heard it in the EE in five six seasons. certainly not amongst those either of an old skool age home or away. It's a dull insult from gasheads who use the nickname city gave them.

I stand at the back of the second block in, defo heard it got a video on my phone.

Not many joined in though so maybe it got drowned out by hyper netters it was around the time we were singing songs about old players, Murray, Tinman, etc.

I think you need to 'man up' just a little bit mate.

I'm not saying we bung it on merchandise but its just a bit of lame wordplay, if you ALLOW yourself to get insulted by it then all you achieve is to give them a bone-on.

That didnt explain why somebody would sing that song. simply dont hear it amongst a section of support. the badge graffiti thing comes from lads they have avoided that for good reason.

Why would anybody call themselves a shithead? it is as you say lame as it comes. A lame gas insult copied in itself is lame.

Anybody sing that song? Why?

It was mostly sang in the Atyeo where the band used to go (John Wards promotion season) and I believe that's where the song originated from the Atyeo and that era,, although I have seen a t' shirt around the 2003-04 era with the slogan on.

As for the song (tune) itself it is ok without ''shit head'' in the lyrics as I don't really acknowledge that word for city fans (well not for me) and I would not chant it or use it on flags or stickers, it is an insult word to city given from the Rovers and it does not work the same way as the blue few adopting ''the gas''.

I don't believe I have ever heard the song sang in 6-7 years in the circles of fans I have been around but fans will take or leave it and for me I would leave it, but each to their own.

Personally, I reckon the Tinman song is quality. We sang it Blackpool away last season. Along with pretty much any other chant that popped in our heads from the last 10 years as we had to amuse ourselves because the game was so dire.

I've never understood why people analyse and pick apart our songs. It's not exactly John Lennon stuff. They're just songs at a football match, sang for a laugh to cheer on the team.

Personally, I reckon the Tinman song is quality. We sang it Blackpool away last season. Along with pretty much any other chant that popped in our heads from the last 10 years as we had to amuse ourselves because the game was so dire.

I've never understood why people analyse and pick apart our songs. It's not exactly John Lennon stuff. They're just songs at a football match, sang for a laugh to cheer on the team.

We'll I guess we live in a more promotional, media, family oriented football world these days where we are told to mind our p's & q's so every song, flag slogan and t' shirt will be analysed, simple fact some fans were told they could not wear a t' shirt with C A F on it as the tin man t' shirts have ''shit head'' on them (testimonial t' shirt) the 70's, 80's 90's no one would bat an eye lid at them but these days, yes sadly you have to analyse some things, even chants, some fans have been pulled up for improper chanting.

Modern football gone mad ;)

We'll I guess we live in a more promotional, media, family oriented football world these days where we are told to mind our p's & q's so every song, flag slogan and t' shirt will be analysed, simple fact some fans were told they could not wear a t' shirt with C A F on it as the tin man t' shirts have ''shit head'' on them (testimonial t' shirt) the 70's, 80's 90's no one would bat an eye lid at them but these days, yes sadly you have to analyse some things, even chants, some fans have been pulled up for improper chanting.

PC versions of all old fave songs should be published .... i'll start

"My ole man said be a rovurz fan I said go away scrotum you're a female genital"

Yeah I Agree with that, I think as a whole we analyse and read far too much in to football. All it takes is for one of our players to tweet something mildly speculative and everyone is trying desperately to find hidden meanings of unrest which may or may not exist.

There's a hell of a lot more enjoyment in football to be found if we took a break from wondering whether or not we should be chanting certain things and just allow ourselves to enjoy the football/atmosphere. but as cider head says, with so much rule and regulation in the game I suppose that's easier said than done.

However I think we're in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water in some cases when deciding whether or not the "sh1t head" in the Tinman song that's been sang for years is now considered insulting or not. That certainly is modern football gone mad.

PC versions of all old fave songs should be published .... i'll start

"My ole man said be a rovurz fan I said go away scrotum you're a female genital"

Nice start Mr editor, can you help with the tin man song (they swear) and it is hard seeing him as a very nice man then wishing someone dead and wanting to kick them in the head, I feel the park enders will struggle to sing such a song as they will have a family section in front of them this season and such naughtiness could damage these kids for life?

:preacher::dunno:

The song goes:

Tinman is a Shithead

He wears a red & white hat

He plays for Bristol City

He is a very nice chap

He really hates the rovers

He wishes they were dead

And if he sees a gashead

He'll kick him in the head

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh......

I've never understood why people analyse and pick apart our songs. & #160;It's not exactly John Lennon stuff. They're just songs at a football match, sang for a laugh to cheer on the team.

Visit district nine the territory of the unwell on a match day you will realise why it's bad to walk or talk like them. It's BAD. So bad your eyes will bleed.

Tolerate that your children could be next.

Nice start Mr editor, can you help with the tin man song (they swear) and it is hard seeing him as a very nice man then wishing someone dead and wanting to kick them in the head, I feel the park enders will struggle to sing such a song as they will have a family section in front of them this season and such naughtiness could damage these kids for life?

:preacher::dunno:

The song goes:

Tinman is a Shithead

He wears a red & white hat

He plays for Bristol City

He is a very nice chap

He really hates the rovers

He wishes they were dead

And if he sees a gashead

He'll kick him in the head

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh......

Ahhh......no....cant bring meself to do it.........the guy deserves more than to have his song...HIS SONG... pulled apart by the PC brigade......

I am sure ....in quiet moments.....when alone in the dressing room....or shower.......Mr T can be heard singing his song to himself....bet you anything....except money or anything I own

Archived