IGNORED

Adidas

EDoubleD

Statement to say there late with shirts...this is the second biggest sports wear company in the world. Are they taking the piss?!

The club need to look at this next season. I don't think any fans like the shirts, but for me the biggest problem is a clubs shirt needs to be individual to that club. When I saw we had the same shirt as hull I was disgusted. You teams should be that YOUR TEAMS shirt. No one else's. I get we make more money, but surely a locally designed shirt produced by a smaller manufacturer would generate more sales, to cover the income loss??

The money over individuality also extends to match days. All you get around the gate is standard burgers and chips. Bristol had some fantastic food places - mr wolfs, pie minister, ciao burger - couldn't the club give them slots outside the ground and get a takings cut? I think that, plus some local beer and cider stalls would bring more people and revenue to the ground earlier and also after the game. I live by the emirates in London, and pre match on the road leading to the ground there are loads of cracking jerk chicken and other awesome food stalls, and they add to the atmos.

I want city to be individual. On the cider diaries this week one of the lads said he want people to know instantly that Ashton gate/vale is our ground after its redeveloped, not just any generic football stadium (Ricoh arena it's awful for that). This should be the same for the whole club - being individual.

AS Roma had a dispute with their supplier, Kappa and due to this they've designed their own kits. Classed as unbranded/self made and look very nice.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/13/14-kits/as-roma-2013-2014-home-football-shirt.html

It'd be nice to have a similar, traditional kit for once.

Really nice kit that!

Agree with the OP Bristol has so many selling points and a famous West Country culture. The club need to embrace this. Bristol City should be an away fixture every team wants to make.

The thing is that companies like addidas, nike etc have to produce different kits every year, or else they'd get no sales. If the only thing that changed on our kit was the sponsor, why get next seasons kit? However, I must say the standard of late has been very very poor. That Roma kit would look awesome in Red and white and instead of the Latin on the back it could say the Robins or something like that. All red with just a hint of white on the top, white shorts, red socks...recipe for awesomeness.

Added to that...clarks pies. What an opportunity for them if they got given the kiosk rights.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/154232-zarx-sports/

May be worth checking this out too.

Archived