IGNORED

Are We Going To Keep Enough Clean Sheets?

Major Isewater

Depends on who plays at the back - the full backs are guaranteed in Moloney and Cunningham but the centre back pairing isn't - and that is key.

I don't think we are much further forward in that respect and I'd expect the same panicky defending as last season.

Unless SOD can get a couple of decent centre backs before the window shuts of course.

So you saying flint is rubbish

Depends on who plays at the back - the full backs are guaranteed in Moloney and Cunningham but the centre back pairing isn't - and that is key.

I don't think we are much further forward in that respect and I'd expect the same panicky defending as last season.

Unless SOD can get a couple of decent centre backs before the window shuts of course.

I think you will find Fontaine will be alot better next season, he wont be playing in a team void of any confidence and playing with a 1st ball winner next to him will make a world of difference.

Knowing city, After last season we will keep plenty of clean sheets and have a solid defence but scoring will be our problem.

Ditto

We seem to be like a pencil with no led. Problem we still have to, (which I am surprised has not been mentioned on this forum in the summer) is the lack of a creative/general midfielder. Someone who can create those chances for our forward players.

I think we will.

We can comfortably play a back 4 or go to a 3-5-2 with the options we have. A fit Moloney and Cunningham will be a massive plus in this division. I'm pleased with how we are shaping up defensively but ultimately the real test will be August 3rd.

I'd rather is concede less over scoring more goals. Conceding less will give us the opportunity to gain points even if its just one and it could allow us to nick numerous games 1-0. I believe our championship playoff final year we had numerous 1-0 wins as our defence was solid.

We can see from the last two seasons that the defence has been our downfall. I hope this time round, we've got a good combination

As I said on the match thread, looks like we might nick a few 1-0, but scoring might be a problem, but sorting out the goals conceded is a priority after last season shambles.

If I remember wasn't Joe Jordan pretty defensively minded. I certainly remember him as player manager leading the line as a single striker away from home?

Anyway the more we keep the ball the less this sort of discussion really matters.

Archived