IGNORED

Anyone Remember Beenie ?

marksy

A couple of weeks ago the was a thread about a chap called Taffy who used to run coaches to away games in the 80's. There was also a guy known Beenie or Beeny who used to run coaches to away games about the same time . I think he was a wester! Anyone remember him and what's he doing now.?

The few times i traveled on his coaches always used to be a laugh. I can remember going to Birmingham City. As we approached the ground we all started getting a bit too excited and Beanie had to calm us down. I can still remember his words " Wait till you get off the coach, then count to ten and go wild " It was a fun day !

THE Beanie is a City fan known the breadth of England. One of the funniest men of that vintage you will ever meet. Tears enter the eyes with the tales. Keep well all the top table.

went away on his coaches on a regular basis top man had great trips those were the days and at the time he was going out with my mates sister tracey watts sad to hear he has health issues all the best to him

I though this was gonna be about the lad with the thick glasses, who used to do the shuffle, anyone remember him?

Me too. Thick specs, a non descript carrier bag in one hand and a programme in the other, dancing away.

Wonder if he still goes, or kissed a girl for that matter?

Me too. Thick specs, a non descript carrier bag in one hand and a programme in the other, dancing away.

Last I heard he attended some club event and asked Danny Wilson some question on selection/ tactics or whatever and Wilson made some dig at him. Old beaner never came back after that. I wonder what he is upto these days, poor guy.

A couple of weeks ago the was a thread about a chap called Taffy who used to run coaches to away games in the 80's. There was also a guy known Beenie or Beeny who used to run coaches to away games about the same time . I think he was a wester! Anyone remember him and what's he doing now.?

Did he travel on CATs for a while in the 80s? not sure if I have the right one? the one i am thinking of got the name Beenie on account of the fact he looked just like Mr Bean in his suit and thick glasses. I could never quite work out if he was being bullied or if he revelled in it. At times he seemed happy to do his dance at others it seemed like he was being forced.

Ha, just clicked who you're on about now.....legend. Good to hear he's still going strong

Mr bean is still abt no change spotted him in Mangotsfield couple of weeks ago. If I remember rightly he was a chess geak.He new all the stats abt the city.

Ok good, yes I don't know Beenie I was talking about Mr Bean. Does he still go to City games? Unless he has radically changed his appearance I haven't seen him at an away game for years. At a few away games in the late 80s you would have hundreds of City fans chanting 'one Mr Bean, there's only one Mr Bean'. I could never quite work out whether he loved the 'celebrity' or was dying inside.

Mr bean is still abt no change spotted him in Mangotsfield couple of weeks ago. If I remember rightly he was a chess geak.He new all the stats abt the city.

Yes, had an incredible memory, could remember all scores and goslscorers from all city games, he also remembered everyone's birthday and was able to tell you what day you were born on!!

Yes, had an incredible memory, could remember all scores and goslscorers from all city games, he also remembered everyone's birthday and was able to tell you what day you were born on!!

Yes that is right, he must have been on the autistic spectrum, real character. So many characters on those coaches, great entertainment on long journeys.

Archived