IGNORED

Elliott Parish

glastonred

I'd imagine our GK coach has had a big say in this.

Absolutely so.

Getting someone the right age, with some experience who fits into the new wage structure is not easy, so I think Lee Kendall's input will have been telling.

Just watched the interview with him and I'm very confident to have him as our number two just by what he's said. Seems very assured and knows what he wants with the club rather than just picking up a pay packet.

Good number 2.

and provides Fielding good compatition

GK and defence sorted. If Pack comes in that just leaves at least 1 striker.

I'd say we're short a striker, a left winger and cover/competition in both full back slots.

In fairness, it's not clear yet how many of the youngsters are expected to play a big part this season.

I'd say we're short a striker, a left winger and cover/competition in both full back slots.

In fairness, it's not clear yet how many of the youngsters are expected to play a big part this season.

Striker I'd agree with. We don't play wingers so wouldn't say we need one.

Bryan or King can play left back. Not sure who would play right back, Wynter I presume, but would prefer a young RB to come in.

Striker I'd agree with. We don't play wingers so wouldn't say we need one.

Bryan or King can play left back. Not sure who would play right back, Wynter I presume, but would prefer a young RB to come in.

This is a fairly common statement since S.O'D. arrived but it's a big assumption.

He's had very effective wide players in his sides before.

Whilst I agree it's unlikely he will play with two attacking wingers at the same time often, I think most of the time we'll have one on the pitch.

He's far too smart to ignore the options width gives you going forward completely.

Bryan may or may not have much of a part to play, I think it's unclear. I know little about King. If the youngsters are up to it, that's fine by me.

This is a fairly common statement since S.O'D. arrived but it's a big assumption.

He's had very effective wide players in his sides before.

Whilst I agree it's unlikely he will play with two attacking wingers at the same time often, I think most of the time we'll have one on the pitch.

He's far too smart to ignore the options width gives you going forward completely.

Bryan may or may not have much of a part to play, I think it's unclear. I know little about King. If the youngsters are up to it, that's fine by me.

I would disagree on Bryan. I think from pre season it is pretty clear Bryan will play a decent part in our season.

I'd agree with a striker and left winger needed, I think left sided full backs we should be ok with Williams, Bryan and King. Right sided full back maybe like to see a lad come in.

No real ideas for left winger or right back, a few strikers names already floating around on the forum.

I'd agree with a striker and left winger needed, I think left sided full backs we should be ok with Williams, Bryan and King. Right sided full back maybe like to see a lad come in.

No real ideas for left winger or right back, a few strikers names already floating around on the forum.

Carey will be back up RCB & RB otherwise there was no point giving him a contract. Unless Maloney picks up a long term injury then I think we'll look at the loan market.

Pearson, JET, Bryan can all fill the left sided role.

If Pack signs, which I fully expect him to, a striker is a must and then we're done until Albert leaves

Carey will be back up RCB & RB otherwise there was no point giving him a contract. Unless Maloney picks up a long term injury then I think we'll look at the loan market.

Pearson, JET, Bryan can all fill the left sided role.

If Pack signs, which I fully expect him to, a striker is a must and then we're done until Albert leaves

True, Carey will be the back up in defence.

JET, Baldock, Taylor and Burns as striker options. Burns not up to it yet IMO, Taylor not a big goalscorer. Yeah, a striker

I don't like Pearson on the left much.

JET and Bryan should be ok on the left, but is Bryan up to a full season at this level?

Also I suspect JET will mainly feature as a striker or just behind a striker.

Wagstaff was on the left against Reading, but Albert was on the right and once he's gone Wagstaff will be back on the right.

You put up a good few options but for me still a left winger, but as you say probably a striker first.

True, Carey will be the back up in defence.

JET, Baldock, Taylor and Burns as striker options. Burns not up to it yet IMO, Taylor not a big goalscorer. Yeah, a striker

I don't like Pearson on the left much.

JET and Bryan should be ok on the left, but is Bryan up to a full season at this level?

Also I suspect JET will mainly feature as a striker or just behind a striker.

Wagstaff was on the left against Reading, but Albert was on the right and once he's gone Wagstaff will be back on the right.

You put up a good few options but for me still a left winger, but as you say probably a striker first.

Agree there, however with wage restrictions, we cant afford to bring in players willy nilly and have players on wages like Pearsons will be, kicking his heels and not playing.

I fully expect Pearson and Elliott to be no more than back up players this season as I'm sure they will be off at the end othe season, but while they are still here they will be second or third choices for their postitions.

Agree there, however with wage restrictions, we cant afford to bring in players willy nilly and have players on wages like Pearsons will be, kicking his heels and not playing.

I fully expect Pearson and Elliott to be no more than back up players this season as I'm sure they will be off at the end othe season, but while they are still here they will be second or third choices for their postitions.

Yeah need to get some out before we get some in.

I agree, I doubt either Elliot or Pearson are going to be the best players we have to fit the new style of play and with new signings they will be down the pecking order.

Again a classic on OTIB

Posters can judge a player after 45mins of a pre season friendly

Why oh why do clubs waste so much money on paying Scouts

They should just get players on trail Give them 45mins and let the real experts vote

if a player has IT or not

It's a forum?? People are meant to discuss football things on their knowledge. What do you expect?

Elliott Parish has signed. Let's not talk about him until we have seen at least 10 competitive games.

Thread locked.

Archived