IGNORED

Fontaine

JamesBCFC

Complete bollocks. You and many like you just want a whipping boy and after ONE poor (admittedly, very poor) season, you can't give a clearly decent player a fresh start. PATHETIC!

Name a single better CB that we could possibly hope to sign, within our budgets.

Some of the bully's on here should hang your heads in shame!

Bollocks Fonts has not a scapegoeat he was ******* useless last season and should of been dropped for Nyatanga mid way through the season anyone who defends him is soft in the head he was very much part of the problem we went down he is out of his depth in the Championship L1 is probally his level but he's getting on now so if we can fuc# him off for a decentish fee and look to the future in Flint and Williams then I can't see that being a bad thing. Yes I don't like the ***** he is a arogant tosser who judging by the way he acts anyone would think he was Messi plus there's some other easons I'm not going into on this forum why I can't wait to see the back of him I'm not the manger so don't know who's about but I bet you any money in the world there are loads of decent cb's better than Fonts he really isn't that good and certainly is a good choice to be captain. I think some people are blinded by the fact he had a very good couple of years at the start of his career with us but tfor the last 2 2 1/2 seaons he's been ******* shit and using other players as a scapegoat to justify him being shite is laughable imo of course.

If Liam Fontaine can return to his old form then great.

My worry is that, even with all the love & will in the world, last season will live with him for a VERY long time, he couldn't handle the pressure of captaincy, which tells a story as well.

Fontaine is mentally weak......which was proved on many occasions last season and I don't think he has the character to recover.

Fonts WAS a lot of the shite last year. He cost far more points than he gained. Would be very happy to see the back of him. If he stays he gets the chance to make amends.

As for the poster who wished him well if he left this is one the more amazing things I have read on this fo, unless you are fonts.

He didn't turn into a whipping boy for no reason. He did because he s been beyond poor for a long long time. In fact I struggle to think of a more damageed and out of form player in my time of watching any football. His detractors are absolutely justified and why should I wish anoither club benefits from a player who, for a not insubstantial time, has been awful for us. When he leaves I wish him nothing. Whilst here I wish he would find his way, but I'd equally let him go for any offer

Bollocks Fonts has not a scapegoeat he was ******* useless last season and should of been dropped for Nyatanga mid way through the season anyone who defends him is soft in the head he was very much part of the problem we went down he is out of his depth in the Championship L1 is probally his level but he's getting on now so if we can fuc# him off for a decentish fee and look to the future in Flint and Williams then I can't see that being a bad thing. Yes I don't like the ***** he is a arogant tosser who judging by the way he acts anyone would think he was Messi plus there's some other easons I'm not going into on this forum why I can't wait to see the back of him I'm not the manger so don't know who's about but I bet you any money in the world there are loads of decent cb's better than Fonts he really isn't that good and certainly is a good choice to be captain. I think some people are blinded by the fact he had a very good couple of years at the start of his career with us but tfor the last 2 2 1/2 seaons he's been ******* shit and using other players as a scapegoat to justify him being shite is laughable imo of course.

So very true.

Aww, what time was that then, precious..?

Could it have coincided with him responding to personal abuse hurled at him from "supporters" in the stands?!

You really are something else, if you cant accept other peoples opinions and the way they feel, other than your own then you need to remove your pompous behind away from this 'Fan Forum'

Aww, what time was that then, precious..?

Could it have coincided with him responding to personal abuse hurled at him from "supporters" in the stands?!

Personal abuse my arse. Bristol City fans are I'd say, based upon my experiences travelling away and keeping abreast of what's going on elsewhere by what means necessary, some of the most placid and forgiving fans there are. - heck a significant proportion of our fans clap and cheer Holloway!!! I wonder if NialL Quinn or Kevin Phillips would eber get a decent reception P St James' Park. Why else do you think this club has in recent years been considered a nice place to retire.

Had Fonts turned in some of his performances at a number of other clubs the 'personal abuse' he has been on the end of here would be child's play.

Well well well....

Fonts transfer news 2 weeks before the season starts, it's looks more like a fan has made this rumour up, more in desperation to see him leave!

Poor.

Ince was on SSN yesterday saying that Blackpool are nowhere near prepared for the new season and need to make a number of signings in the next few weeks. Although if it was close then he wouldn't have played at FGR.

Oh here we go again. Why as a club do we always need a player to bully during the season? Fontaine had a bad year last year, but, overall he hasn't been a bad player for us over the years. Why can't we get behind a player that has lost form and help him through it? Or does adding pressure and out right bully solve a players form these days? Why can we offer Fontaine some support? I know this isn't going to happen as we have a huge blame culture amougst our fans and its getting tiring.

What would he expect when he puts in a season full of half-hearted performances, costing us numerous points and then mocking the fans. He is a professional footballer its part of the job recieving stick, if he can't take justified stick then he is in the wrong profession. I can accept if he had made mistakes over the season (we are all human) but when, as captain, he that time at AG mocked our own supporters who pay his wages, was the moment I, and other city fans lost all respect for the bloke.

Seems like some can mock but cant be mocked i.m.o.

As I see it, Fontaine is an adequate player at championship level and should be better than average at league one. He was handed the captains role which I thought might help him come out of his shell and make him more decisive, it didn't. It also coincided with our inability as a club to recruit a right sided centre back which would have made his role easier. Instead another left sided centre back was introduced and Fontaine was shifted to the right side of the pairing, further damaging his confidence, he could not handle the pressure and went even further into his shell. Hopefully given a little time his confidence will return and we'll have a decent centre back. I see no reason to get rid of him even if he is a little too nice sometimes. Now if Nyatanga had stayed then perhaps we could have afforded to let him go.

Archived