IGNORED

Pessimist Or Realist?

Moloch

I think people really need to remember what league we are in now and think back to last time we were here. The likes of Mccombe, Jevons, Lee Johnson and Showumni were key players for us last time we were in this league. Arguably none of whom were anywhere near good enough in The Championship.

Some of the players currently in our squad have done quite well in The Championship so I would expect them to do well in league one. The likes of Baldock, Davies, Cunnningham, Elliott, Fontaine, Killkenny, Kelly, JET etc id imagine will be good players at this level. I wouldnt even be surprised if Pearson was half decent in this league and chipped in with a few goals.

This league really isnt that great. If you are a big strong physical side who are hard to beat then you will do well. I think we have got a good manager at the moment who has good experience of this league. I'm hoping some of the youngsters coming through Burns, Reid, Wynter etc will be useful for us and finally get a chance. I'd personally be surprised if we didnt make the top half on the table although I will be happy with a playoff finish.

I think it may take us a while to get going and people need to stay patient mind. Players likely to be lacking a bit of confidence from last season and lot of changes so is to be expected really but once we get going think we will be fine.

Not only optimism but good sense as well :o

I'm not excited about the new season, and am struggling to care about playing in League bloody 1.

Our new signings are nothing special. JET is an arsenal washout, as is Wynter. Fielding couldn't get in to the Derby side last year.

We've got a bloke from Swindle who seems to be the messiah (he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy) the way he's being talked about on here, but at FGR he couldn't complete a 4 yard pass.

We're likely to sell 2 of our best players, Davies and Adomah but we'll still have Kilkenny and Pearson going into next season.

In the friendlies so far, we have hardly looked threatening and got beaten by Clevedon Town and some lower league Scottish outfit.

Is this realism, or have I been listening to too much Leonard Cohen?

Think i will cut my Throat now :badmood:

Archived