IGNORED

Buying New Pc, Need Advise.

CiderHider

Only problem i'm finding, as not being a real smart ass i'm having trouble using my 1tb HDD, everything is on SSD .. and i'm running out of room... I didn't think this through, I should have got a 250gb SSD, not sure how I'm going to use this HDD doing nothing, I cant even see it.

Don't know if you've got this sorted or not.

Check to see if it shows in BIOS?

If not:> Check the connections.

If yes:>

Does it show in Device manager? (Right click 'Computer', click 'Manage', click 'Device manager' on left hand side.

If not: Try updating mo/bo drivers, check for BIOS updates.

Check to make sure you've initialised the drive. Click Start > Right click 'Computer', click 'Manage', click 'Disk management'. Then right click on your hard drive, click 'Initialise disk'.

Place your thumb on the top of the SATA connector and take grip of the cable. Wiggle the cable as you pull with your thumb and first finger, should come out with a little force. There's not really any damage you can do when pulling out a SATA cable so give it a little force if needed.

Really? I managed to pull a socket out of the motherboard :(

Don't know if you've got this sorted or not.

Check to see if it shows in BIOS?

If not:> Check the connections.

Does it show in Device manager? (Right click 'Computer', click 'Manage', click 'Device manager' on left hand side.

If not: Try updating mo/bo drivers, check for BIOS updates.

Check to make sure you've initialised the drive. Click Start > Right click 'Computer', click 'Manage', click 'Disk management'. Then right click on your hard drive, click 'Initialise disk'.

Yeps sorted it

Are you installing all of your applications and games to your 1TB drive? Usually best to just stick Windows onto your C drive (assume thats your SSD) and then install everything else along with pics, music and movies etc all to the other drive, probably listed as your D drive at present.

Sounds like the os isn't picking up the hdd. Shouldn't have to mess around with jumpers anymore, so maybe it has a duff power supply or connector to the motherboard

Yeah cheers, I got there in the end, thanks. Running most games from the HDD, no problems so far, everything runs extremely fast.

Archived