IGNORED

Mark O Connor Mars Bars

sglosbcfc

I remember a match our new Under 21 manager played for Bournemouth v City in the mid 80s. It was a fiery affair and City had David Moyes sent off and manager Terry Cooper sent to the stands. City fans were throwing mars bars at O Connor as he played on the wing for the Cherries and as an ex Sag was getting plenty of stick. City fans were behind the goal and in a section of the stand alongside the pitch. At the final whistle my old man bundled me out of the stadium as hundreds of Bournemouth fans invaded the pitch and headed for our end. Anyone remember that game?

I remember a match our new Under 21 manager played for Bournemouth v City in the mid 80s. It was a fiery affair and City had David Moyes sent off and manager Terry Cooper sent to the stands. City fans were throwing mars bars at O Connor as he played on the wing for the Cherries and as an ex Sag was getting plenty of stick. City fans were behind the goal and in a section of the stand alongside the pitch. At the final whistle my old man bundled me out of the stadium as hundreds of Bournemouth fans invaded the pitch and headed for our end. Anyone remember that game?

I was in that old wooden stand, they never came any where near us, i noticed some idiots trying to set fire to the wood, even the police stayed away from that corner.

I was in that old wooden stand, they never came any where near us, i noticed some idiots trying to set fire to the wood, even the police stayed away from that corner.

Yes I forgot that, how times have changed, O Connor was being pelted by City fans and the Old Bill just watched, almost frightened to get involved.

cant remember Bournemouth coming on the pitch at city at all other way round if anything

I don't know what happened after my old man bundled me out, I was only ten, but on the final whistle their fans came running at our end from at least two stands. Can't say the City fans seemed overly troubled I might add, my dad aside.

Mars bars? Bits of wooden stand.City fans put up a flag = CNF = city nursery firm the police thought it meant national front and tried to take it down from there things went down hill. Bournemouth at that time was a match city's firm would select. Previous match was little different with hundreds of city's boys after the game storming round the ground.

Think you'll find it was City on the pitch,especially the corner between the open end and the stand, remember someone launching a corner flag like a javalin !

Like I said, I was bundled out on the final whistle but remember Bournemouth running across the pitch, that is not to say that City were not spilling onto the pitch out of view of me in front of the wooden stand I was in.

Mars bars? Bits of wooden stand.City fans put up a flag = CNF = city nursery firm the police thought it meant national front and tried to take it down from there things went down hill. Bournemouth at that time was a match city's firm would select. Previous match was little different with hundreds of city's boys after the game storming round the ground.

I don't recall O Connor having seats thrown at him, only Mars Bars which were pelting him on the back as he took corners in particular. If I remember correctly we lost two nil but we were down to ten men as Moyes was dismissed. Not sure what the crowd was but the ground seemed reasonably full.

I remember seeing Ken Baily down there. He was an old chap and self appointed England mascot always wearing a union jack waistcoat and hat. Always at England matches, there's a bit of film with him at the 66 world cup final. We exchanged salutes. Well done sir!

You wouldn't say that if you knew his end.

Think Stuart Hall !

The real question is what happen to all the mars bars after?

Why do you think all the Bournemouth fans invaded the pitch ?

I remember when I lived in Australia and was driving from Toowoomba to Brisbane where a truck had lost it's load of Mars Bars, Crunchies etc and the Driver was letting everybody help themselves ..................happy days !!

I remember when I lived in Australia and was driving from Toowoomba to Brisbane where a truck had lost it's load of Mars Bars, Crunchies etc and the Driver was letting everybody help themselves ..................happy days !!

Sweet memories

Was this the Start of Big Tone

Archived