IGNORED

Kilkenny & Wynter

Jon atyeo is my dad

I was going to start a similar thread as I thought they were both superb.

Kilkenny in particular ran the show at times, but they were both vital reasons why we managed to control the game first half. Excellent in winning the ball (Wynter more than Kilkenny nobody will be surprised to read), controlled possession and tempo and made us look like an excellent team with the ball.

Of course it is only a friendly, Kilkenny has almost perfected the art of looking like a good player in pre season during his time here and we will of course miss Kelly, but there were certainly signs tonight that these two could form a very effective partnership in the middle of midfield.

I was going to start a similar thread as I thought they were both superb.

Kilkenny in particular ran the show at times, but they were both vital reasons why we managed to control the game first half. Excellent in winning the ball (Wynter more than Kilkenny nobody will be surprised to read), controlled possession and tempo and made us look like an excellent team with the ball.

Of course it is only a friendly, Kilkenny has almost perfected the art of looking like a good player in pre season during his time here and we will of course miss Kelly, but there were certainly signs tonight that these two could form a very effective partnership in the middle of midfield.

Sounds promising, only drawback is i can't see them getting many goals between them.

Thought Reid and Bryan looked very good too. Reid makes things happen. Think he can have a big impact this season. He might be slight but he put some strong challenges in too. Look forward to seeing him.

Liked the look of Wynter too. Hardly a stray pass all evening.

Ive spoken to a few players and staff down the gate and all bar 1 said reid is the most technically gifted players down there. Filled me with a bit of confidence in him but I still question his strength.

I can see killa wynter being the starting 2 in midfield now kelly is injured. To be honest i think we will do alright in midfield and wont get over ran like the previous 3 yrs.

i agree

kilkenny played whole 92 mins

and won headers won tackles and passed the ball well

he needs to be encouraged like fonts who also played well

wynter looks class

encouraging performance.terrific improvement on the rangers game

passing and movement was excellent at times

Wouldn't ever have wished Kelly's injury on him, and hope his recovery is straightforward cos still think he can be a big player in this squad this season for us, but last night proved to me why I was saying it has to be either Wynter or Kelly not both in midfield after the FGR game cos there's no way we would've had that passing performance with them both in team last night. Loathe him or prepared to give him a chance, Kilkenny ran the show first half and Wynter was absolute class.

Wonder what SOD will do about getting another midfielder in and what sort of player he'll be cos sounds like Pearson and Elliott could be out a while and with only Reid as back-up we're very thin in centre mid now.

I'm still amazed that some people's heads won't be turned on Kilkenny and still brand him rubbish. its very clear he's a modern day footballer not your typical tackle and goal scoring headless chicken.

Mind you the people who dislike him probably still think you need a 7 ft keeper a monster built back four two pacy wingers two Bruts in midfield and a big man little man up top four four ******* two!

Football just isn't played that way anymore

I really liked killkennys response where he said some English fans think smashing into a challenge means you've got balls well I'd like to think that in front of 10,000 people with 3 players crowding around you and you ask for the ball means exactly the same!

Very true it's modern day footy for you some will like it some wont and the ones that don't won't appreciate a player like killkenny

I'm still amazed that some people's heads won't be turned on Kilkenny and still brand him rubbish. its very clear he's a modern day footballer not your typical tackle and goal scoring headless chicken.

Mind you the people who dislike him probably still think you need a 7 ft keeper a monster built back four two pacy wingers two Bruts in midfield and a big man little man up top four four ******* two!

I really liked killkennys response where he said some English fans think smashing into a challenge means you've got balls well I'd like to think that in front of 10,000 people with 3 players crowding around you and you ask for the ball means exactly the same!

Very true it's modern day footy for you some will like it some wont and the ones that don't won't appreciate a player like killkenny

Did you not see him last season? He was part of one of the worst midfields this club has ever seen

I thought Kilkenny was excellent yesterday! Played the ball with confidence to all areas of the pitch (not just sideways and backwards like last year), It seems that having a capable ball winner in Wynter next to him has given him a new lease of life.

Oh and Sam Baldock was looking sharp yesterday, my god that guy can sprint!

Did you not see him last season? He was part of one of the worst midfields this club has ever seen

Did you not see him last night? Played in a midfield of players who can also pass the ball he excelled.

I thought Kilkenny was excellent yesterday! Played the ball with confidence to all areas of the pitch (not just sideways and backwards like last year), It seems that having a capable ball winner in Wynter next to him has given him a new lease of life.

Oh and Sam Baldock was looking sharp yesterday, my god that guy can sprint!

A capable ball winner who is comfortable in possession and can also pass. Marv is a capable ball winner, Wynter's already looking different gravy.

Did you see him last night?

O'Driscoll has had the chance to work with the team (including this midfield) and without the pressure of fighting relegation, begun creating a new ethos/style of play/what ever you want to call it, that Kilkenny fits into much better. It's time to look forward to the new season, espescially considering it is only two weeks away and wipe the slate clean and start anew. Players and fans alike.

I've been very critical of Kilkenny but I would like him to prove his doubters wrong this season - SO'D has made a couple of comments in interviews about teaching Kilkenny when to hold on to the ball and when to release it quicker, it seems he is very aware of his weaknesses and is trying to address them. The one thing Kilkenny can do is pass the ball and play with a bit of composure. If (and it's still a big if) he can start adding more tempo to his passing then we could have a very useful player. Last night sounded promising, but I really feel this is make or break now for him - he has to start turning in some consistent, decent performances for us this season.

Did you see him last night?

O'Driscoll has had the chance to work with the team (including this midfield) and without the pressure of fighting relegation, begun creating a new ethos/style of play/what ever you want to call it, that Kilkenny fits into much better. It's time to look forward to the new season, espescially considering it is only two weeks away and wipe the slate clean and start anew. Players and fans alike.

No I didn't see him.

And I hope you're right. But I will still reserve my excitement until we've seen it time and time again. So far it's one genuinely decent team performance (by all accounts) from about half a dozen pre-season friendlies.

I've been very critical of Kilkenny but I would like him to prove his doubters wrong this season - SO'D has made a couple of comments in interviews about teaching Kilkenny when to hold on to the ball and when to release it quicker, it seems he is very aware of his weaknesses and is trying to address them. The one thing Kilkenny can do is pass the ball and play with a bit of composure. If (and it's still a big if) he can start adding more tempo to his passing then we could have a very useful player. Last night sounded promising, but I really feel this is make or break now for him - he has to start turning in some consistent, decent performances for us this season.

Couldn't agree more

Archived