IGNORED

Never Get Forfar Five East Fife Four Again..

I'm so old I can remember the days before instant news about football scores. The first thing you heard about the game was when the results were broadcast on the radio. Then came the breakthrough with the Teleprinter! (Can anyone remember the Teleprinter?)

I'm so old I can remember the days before instant news about football scores. The first thing you heard about the game was when the results were broadcast on the radio. Then came the breakthrough with the Teleprinter! (Can anyone remember the Teleprinter?)

Certainly remember it, Tottenham Hotspur 9 (NINE) Bristol Rovers 0 and the like.

He could NEVER get Wanderers out, it was always Wanderererers, used to piss myself when Bolton played Wolves !

As for the old teleprinter it would always stop for a few seconds for City results ala

Bury 2 Bristol Cit................................y 0

You’re right about the delay with the City results. I always used to live in hope and was always disappointed

Youre right about the delay with the City results. I always used to live in hope and was always disappointed

Yes, you'd hear Wolverhampton Wanderers Four - and you'd be waiting for Bristol City FIVE :)

Be fair - it happened at Northampton ;)

Sam Leitch?

He could NEVER get Wanderers out, it was always Wanderererers, used to piss myself when Bolton played Wolves !

As for the old teleprinter it would always stop for a few seconds for City results ala

Bury 2 Bristol Cit................................y 0

There was almost a drum roll in the car before Wolves, Bolton and Wycombe's results were announced and then a big chuckle as he read Wanderererers out!

You could tell from the tone in his voice whether each team had won, drawn or lost. He had a chirpy tone for the winning team and his voice deepened for the losing team and for the draw the tone in his voice was almost like 'well that's nice; nobody lost'!

Saturday afternoon's won't be the same.

I used to love the teleprinter. It's just not the same anymore. Technology? Progress? Pah!

Sorry to throw a turd into the punch bowl on this one but, really, younger people should be given the chance to work at the BBC.

Steve Wright in the afternoon...still!? :facepalm:

They do, who is that annoying **** in the morning on radio 1? I thought moyles was annoying, but this bloke takes the biscuit. That said there has to be something said for youth. It takes some kind of ability to lose 1.5 million listeners in a few months!

Archived