IGNORED

Ade Akinbiyi

glynriley

I seem to remember Ward was on his holidays and returned to find Scott Davidson had signed up Thorpe even though we already had Akinbyi and Andersen. The mists of time may well of clouded that memory!

Actually we already had Akinbiyi and Thorpe.

Andersen was the one signed by Scott Davidson whilst Ward was on holiday.

However as Ward had also signed Julian Watts for defence and Carl Hutchings for midfield by this stage I'm pretty confident he wouldn't have brought in anyone decent....

I made this very point a few months back, both relegations have very similar hall marks. Sign a boat load of strikers and don't worry about the defence.

Very similar now you mention it. I was only a nipper but I remember just how bad Watts and Dyche were for us.

Actually we already had Akinbiyi and Thorpe.

Andersen was the one signed by Scott Davidson whilst Ward was on holiday.

However as Ward had also signed Julian Watts for defence and Carl Hutchings for midfield by this stage I'm pretty confident he wouldn't have brought in anyone decent....

Cheers for clarifying that one and also that my memory as I originally suspected is not that great!

It's interesting to me!

I loved him when he was playing for us. I was only a nipper but I remember him well and to this day remains one of the best strikers I have seen play for us.

Good to see he is staying in the game, hopefully he can do well for himself on the coaching side of things.

am very sorry to hear he is one of the best you have seen with City..guess that says a lot to how things have been for a good few years now!. suppose thats one compensation to being more advanced in years that ive seen a hell of a lot better than him....

Archived