IGNORED

Ticket Issues Update

Dave L

Season Tickets

As I said in another thread, there has been a delay in getting the cards printed, for which we apologise. However they have all been sent out today and you should receive yours on Monday latest. They will be sent to the address which you gave when you bought your ticket. if for any reason your card hasn't arrived by Wednesday, then please call supporter services on 0117 963 0600. All season ticket holders will be able to get into the Bradford game.

Online ticketing

As you know, we have just installed a new ticketing system, which covers both ticketing and access control. Our previous system was operated by Ticketmaster, and we were obliged to charge a booking fee for tickets bought via them. Our new system was brought in to ultimately make things easier, and most importantly, cheaper for fans to buy tickets. We have been able to make reductions in the cost of our tickets on the back of the new system as it significantly reduces some of our costs. As a result there are no longer any booking fees.

I do appreciate that there have been teething troubles, and our staff have been working hard to deal with them as they arise. It would be really helpful if you could call supporter services if you have any problems. There are up to 8 people on the phones there, and they can usually fix things for you quickly and efficiently. It's not for nothing that they were recently voted the Football League's friendliest staff. Representatives from Green 4, who have designed and installed the system, are also at Ashton Gate, and it's really helpful if we can feed your concerns directly to them. That way things will get fixed more quickly and efficiently. It's your perfect right to have a rant on here if you're not happy, but it's not necessarily the best way of getting things changed.

There is one glitch in the system that we are in the process of getting changed. When you go to the ticket buying page it gives you the option to choose your seat, and then add postage, before sending you to the shopping basket. This implies that posting tickets is the only way you can receive them. In fact, when you go to the basket, it gives you the other options of collection or print at home at that point. This is confusing, and we have asked Green 4 to change it so that you are presented with the 3 options (post, print at home or collection) much earlier in the process. This is in hand.

In the meantime, just to reiterate, all three options are available for online sales.

Queues at the Reading game

Why the queues? There were several reasons. The fact that supporters weren't able to buy online or print at home was a significant one. For similar reasons all away fans had to pay on the day too. Our normal match day sale is approximately 300 - on Wednesday we sold 5 times that number, and that inevitably led to delays. There were also issues with some tickets not working at the turnstiles as the bar code couldn't be read. This was due to a printer configuration problem, which has now been fixed.

It's probably scant consolation to those caught up in queues that the Reading game gave us the perfect opportunity to road test the new system and indentify and fix any issues at a relatively low key fixture.We do apologise to those supporters who didn't get in before kick off. The last people gained access at just after 5 to eight. Kevin Smith was on hand throughout to make sure that all issues were dealt with as best as we could. We had 6 windows open in the ticket office, two in the shop and one in Ticket Collections. However, although there were mitigating circumstances, I don't believe it's acceptable that so many people weren't able to get in before kick off and we need to look at our systems and make sure that doesn't happen again. Sorry.

With fewer season tickets sold this season, and lower pay on the day prices, we do anticipate a larger walk-up for some games this season. Supporters can really help us, and themselves, by taking advantage of the discounts available and buying in advance. For those not able to do this, we suggest you allow enough time to buy your ticket on the day.

Dealing with problems

There seems to be an assumption from some fans that I am on this forum 24/7. I do check it regularly, but I don't read every thread and I'm not here on a daily basis. I will respond to issues when they are brought to my attention, but threads or PMs on here are not always the quickest way of getting through to me. Email me at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk. Call my direct line on 0117 963 0683, or those on twitter can find me at @dave_backwell. Or ring supporter services on 0117 963 0600 between 9 and 5. They are really helpful and can usually resolve most issues very quickly. Speaking to a real person is always going to be the best way to get things done. We don't always get things right, but we do try, and we will continue to try and give you the best service possible.

Archived