IGNORED

Adomah To Millwall?

Negan

All the players from the North West clubs live in Cheshire and on the Wirral. Really nice areas full of footballers, wags etc. They would only spend a couple of hours in [insert grotty town name] per day for training and then bugger off back to their mansion. In 95% of cases they don't care about the town/city they play for as long as the club stays in the prem and pays their wages...

Interesting how no one's going all out for Albert's services, even despite his transfer request.

Tight belts I think, even from those dropping out of the Prem. He's never played in a team pushing for promotion, nor in a side higher than lower mid-table in the Champ, so represents a risk.

If we are confident in our valuation of £1mill then I say we stick with that, and someone will get desperate and throw it at us come late August.

No point lowering the asking price when his two more keen suitors aren't even willing to pay that much.

Tight belts I think, even from those dropping out of the Prem. He's never played in a team pushing for promotion, nor in a side higher than lower mid-table in the Champ, so represents a risk.

If we are confident in our valuation of £1mill then I say we stick with that, and someone will get desperate and throw it at us come late August.

No point lowering the asking price when his two more keen suitors aren't even willing to pay that much.

Didn't we turn down £1.75m from Wigan? Also, with the new TV deal there is actually slightly more money floating about than in recent years but I don't know if that applies to the championship.

Think the greatest risk he represents is that he's inconsistent and prone to laziness but I'm one of the few, on here, who actually ever acknowledge this..

Edit: the link suggests they were offering £7-900,000 which is different to the rumours at the time as far as I was aware.

All the players from the North West clubs live in Cheshire and on the Wirral. Really nice areas full of footballers, wags etc. They would only spend a couple of hours in [insert grotty town name] per day for training and then bugger off back to their mansion. In 95% of cases they don't care about the town/city they play for as long as the club stays in the prem and pays their wages...

Pretty true, although there are a few high profile Citeh players who live in town, you've also got players from Bolton, Burnley that live on Bury new road and the likes of Ryan Giggs etc that live in Worsley, Salford.

Didn't we turn down £1.75m from Wigan? Also, with the new TV deal there is actually slightly more money floating about than in recent years but I don't know if that applies to the championship.

Think the greatest risk he represents is that he's inconsistent and prone to laziness but I'm one of the few, on here, who actually ever acknowledge this..

If you belive the papers it was about half that amount in cash plus some add ons to take it to £1m. If anyone offered something like that, i think it would be accepted straight away.

Only figure I heard/saw was 800k, may have missed something though.

If he went for that he'd be one of the bigger money signing in the Championship this year, and not sure he'd go the chops to command that.

Regardless of you seeing him as lazy (don't agree, but horses-for-courses) he was easily one of our best players in the last few season, and could easily hold his own in a championship side.

If you belive the papers it was about half that amount in cash plus some add ons to take it to £1m. If anyone offered something like that, i think it would be accepted straight away.

Yeah, just read the link and amended my post. Summer is a very patchy time for fact and fiction. Thought it was a ridiculous amount but it was definitely touted even for a very short while.

Yeah, just read the link and amended my post. Summer is a very patchy time for fact and fiction. Thought it was a ridiculous amount but it was definitely touted even for a very short while.

Think £1mill up front and he's outta here, but not sure anyone out there will pay that.

I've said before I'd rather keep him than lose him for anything under 750k, as even with his flaws he's a significant threat in League One.

If he stayed till Christmas, helped us establish a beachhead to have a run at the playoffs/promo, then went for 400-500k then, fair dos.

Hell yeh, rumours abound! Crazy season between July 1st and August 31st.

Think £1mill up front and he's outta here, but not sure anyone out there will pay that.

I've said before I'd rather keep him than lose him for anything under 750k, as even with his flaws he's a significant threat in League One.

If he stayed till Christmas, helped us establish a beachhead to have a run at the playoffs/promo, then went for 400-500k then, fair dos.

I kind of agree but, if it comes down to it, I'd rather have Pack and a good striker for the whole season than Adomah for half of it...

I kind of agree but, if it comes down to it, I'd rather have Pack and a good striker for the whole season than Adomah for half of it...

No, absolutely agree, and I don't really thing we'll end up with him still here come September.

Do kind of want the club to hold out for good money, mind you. Just because he wants to leave shouldn't mean us lowering our asking price. If we've got a figure, play hard ball.

Well we will be signing a new striker regardless of albert staying or going. As said above, Adomah would be worth more than the 750k we've been offered if he stayed and helped for our promotion cause. Who knows if we get promoted he may agree a new contract with us.

Archived