IGNORED

Bournemouth Game

CheddarReds

I went today, nice little stadium and the Bournemouth fans who I spoke to seemed nice.

Fielding, Moloney (Ajala 83), Flint (Fontaine 80), Williams (Carey 80), Cunningham (Brundle 83); Adomah (Wagstaff 54), Kilkenny (Wynter 65), Pack (Harewood 81), Bryan; Reid (Baldock 54); Taylor (Emmanuel-Thomas 54). Subs: Parish.

I think all the players put in a good performance against a now Championship side. Pleased with the result, 0-0, especially as we had a few players on who I won't expect to feature as much through the season in the last 10 mins. Passing looked good.

Only concern is we still lack that final ball in the last 18-20. Hopefully it will come.

Marlon Pack played, look comfy on the ball and moved the ball around nicely and quite quickly. Anyone have any idea how much the fee/ compensation might be for him? I seem to remember someone saying 100k?

I went today, nice little stadium and the Bournemouth fans who I spoke to seemed nice.

Fielding, Moloney (Ajala 83), Flint (Fontaine 80), Williams (Carey 80), Cunningham (Brundle 83); Adomah (Wagstaff 54), Kilkenny (Wynter 65), Pack (Harewood 81), Bryan; Reid (Baldock 54); Taylor (Emmanuel-Thomas 54). Subs: Parish.

I think all the players put in a good performance against a now Championship side. Pleased with the result, 0-0, especially as we had a few players on who I won't expect to feature as much through the season in the last 10 mins. Passing looked good.

Only concern is we still lack that final ball in the last 18-20. Hopefully it will come.

Marlon Pack played, look comfy on the ball and moved the ball around nicely and quite quickly. Anyone have any idea how much the fee/ compensation might be for him? I seem to remember someone saying 100k?

£80,000 would probably do it.

Comfortable sounds about right.

Wouldn't want him to have done too well, and Bournemouth step in at the last minute. :shocking:

I thought it was a good, though typical, friendly. Bournemouth stepped their game up in the last 20 mins but otherwise they weren't too bothered.

We played the ball around well without really threatening as you say.

I wonder why So'D continues with Taylor who hardly won a ball all afternoon. I'd also query why he brought so many players on towards the end. So'D can bang on about process but results always breeds confidence. Bringing on Fontaine and Carey with 10 mins to go doesn't look like an attempt to win a game.... One of the true positives was Bryan's performance which was good to excellent throughout.

I like Bournemouth. The ground was tidy, the stewards and fans friendly. I fear for them however when the grunts from Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham etc turn up.

I thought it was a good, though typical, friendly. Bournemouth stepped their game up in the last 20 mins but otherwise they weren't too bothered.

I wonder why So'D continues with Taylor who hardly won a ball all afternoon. I'd also query why he brought so many players on towards the end. So'D can bang on about process but results always breeds confidence. Bringing on Fontaine and Carey with 10 mins to go doesn't look like an attempt to win a game.... One of the true positives was Bryan's performance which was good to excellent throughout.

I like Bournemouth. The ground was tidy, the stewards and fans friendly. I fear for them however when the grunts from Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham etc turn up.

Agree with this. I like to think if the squad stays the same SOD will play Baldock up top with JET just behind. SOD has said he wants a striker though. Bryan was good, played 3 poisitions and 90 mins, him and Reid will be challenging for the starting 11 this year. Looked a good club Bournemouth.

Read £80-£100k in various places.

Can't imagine that being a problem...

Depends how much we've got to fork out for a striker? SOD's interview made it very clear that's his priority. As good as Pack was yesterday does he offer anything different to what Kilkenny, Wynter and Reid can offer? I'm not convinced SOD's going to play 2 deep midfielders based on Reading and yesterday so it's then it's a combination of any 2 of Kilkenny, Wynter and Pack. Will Pack want to sign if he's going to sit on the bench to start with?

Leeds fans caused a riot back in the late 80's (I think it was)......... Big running battles with the police in Kings park/around the ground. remember dropping my other half off to work in Poole and Leeds fans were getting off the train at Poole all pizzed up and that was about 8a.m ........ The B'mth police were waiting for them to get off at B'mth station!

Leeds fans caused a riot back in the late 80's (I think it was)......... Big running battles with the police in Kings park/around the ground. remember dropping my other half off to work in Poole and Leeds fans were getting off the train at Poole all pizzed up and that was about 8a.m ........ The B'mth police were waiting for them to get off at B'mth station!

Wow.

Never got the hooligan side of football.

Depends how much we've got to fork out for a striker? SOD's interview made it very clear that's his priority. As good as Pack was yesterday does he offer anything different to what Kilkenny, Wynter and Reid can offer? I'm not convinced SOD's going to play 2 deep midfielders based on Reading and yesterday so it's then it's a combination of any 2 of Kilkenny, Wynter and Pack. Will Pack want to sign if he's going to sit on the bench to start with?

Pack has been in talks with other clubs during the summer but reading between the lines he has been waiting for our interest. I think the loss of Liam Kelly was a massive blow for SOD and believe this one will go through early part of this week.

If Kelly didn't get injured we would be in the same scenario as you suggest and SOD seemed comfortable with that. I assume Kelly and pack are similar in style although pack potentially more creative, something we could still do with in the squad

If Kelly didn't get injured we would be in the same scenario as you suggest and SOD seemed comfortable with that. I assume Kelly and pack are similar in style although pack potentially more creative, something we could still do with in the squad

From what I saw yest Pack and Kelly are very different players, Pack's more composed on the ball, is a better passer and got into the box more. Was first time I've ever seen him though. Even though Kelly was injured before Reading game still stand by belief that SOD would not have played Wynter and Kelly together at start of season but I guess we will never know what he was thinking as hand was forced.

A bank holiday....celebrating promotion at the seaside in the sun.....usual small number of away tickets..... no surprise thousands turned up without tickets...... all the ingredients were there for problems to arise

Umm, yeah. OK, slight misspelling there. I obviously meant to say "Millwall" :P

Easy mistake to make. The short Anglo-Saxon word that describes them both would get me barred. Hint - think of a Danish king of England...

Archived