IGNORED

A Football 'team'

Lew-T

As silly as it may sound but we really are looking like a football team now. Can tell the charisma and spirit within the squad is there and have been despite the ins and outs in the pre season, we're playing very good football, all the players that we have brought in seem genuine intelligent guys. Also there not just real athletes, they're real footballers who play because they love the game. Something that we've so desperately wanted to see for ages! No nonsense, just go out there and perform.

I've also liked the players attitude. Baldock and Cunningham has previously said that they want to make up for last season and prove their worth, I respect that! Good lads. I seriously think this side now, has been the better balanced sides we've had in a while, even the good years in the Championship. Trying not to get ahead of myself but I couldn't of asked for a better summer!

Well done SOD and City!

All looking good but no ball kicked yet in anger.

Calm down those hard ons there are players still in the squad that worry me.

Killkenny

Fontaine

Pearson

Taylor

Flint

Hopefully we will have a good start but nothing is guaranteed and one good pre season mean F all.

Why does Flint worry you?

I think, all everyone has to remember is that S'OD wants to play the way most of us fans want us to play.

Possession football on the floor with guile and flair when needed,it may not be perfect at first,but in time I'm convinced it will.

S'OD is a manager who plays the game the way it should be played, we are in for one hell of a good time over the next few years.... Imo!

• Admin

Because I've been to 3 of the pre season games and although he has been ok in the air his balls kills gave been shocking (IMO).

Would like to see him in a competative game to gauge his ability as I'm still uncertain he is a decent footballer

I saw you posting this from the Reading game so I paid close attention to him today.

In his time on the pitch he "hoofed" it 3 times resulting in 1 throw-in, 1 loss of possession in open play & 1 attack. The rest of the time he played ground passes to team-mates, often 1 touch passes at that.

Jamie McCombe used to have my heart in my mouth if the ball went anywhere an area that he would have to pass it, because of comments from you and TRL in particular, I was expecting much the same from Aden, I'm actually pretty happy that he showed today he can be a footballer.

I saw you posting this from the Reading game so I paid close attention to him today.

In his time on the pitch he "hoofed" it 3 times resulting in 1 throw-in, 1 loss of possession in open play & 1 attack. The rest of the time he played ground passes to team-mates, often 1 touch passes at that.

Jamie McCombe used to have my heart in my mouth if the ball went anywhere an area that he would have to pass it, because of comments from you and TRL in particular, I was expecting much the same from Aden, I'm actually pretty happy that he showed today he can be a footballer.

Well, you can prove anything with facts, can't you.

August is about as good a barometer as we could want in terms of how the squad stacks up, although I'd prefer we had a slightly easier opening to allow the squad to blend and learn with a couple of easier months, however, we have to play everyone twice throughout the season so I suppose it doesn't really matter about the order!

I am feeling optimistic not just about the squad of players, but about the club as a whole for the first time in a very long time. Long may it continue, and let's hope that we get the results on the pitch that our change in leadership should hopefully merit.

I just pray and pray that if we do get off to a bad first couple of months, the fans and board have the guts to back their manager and give him the required time. I firmly believe that SOD is the best manager we could possibly have in our situation, and feel optimistic with him at the helm. We are lucky to have him, in my opinion.

And furthermore, I can't wait to see us - at least trying - to be a passing, ball retaining team. It will be such a welcome change from the long ball dirge we've been fed for the last few years. I would love to see us playing like Swansea did when they were in L1, and even in the Championship and still now in the PL.

I didn't get to any of the friendlies so I cannot wait until Saturday to see how things have changed since I saw us last, against Sheffield Weds towards the end of last season.

August is about as good a barometer as we could want in terms of how the squad stacks up, although I'd prefer we had a slightly easier opening to allow the squad to blend and learn with a couple of easier months, however, we have to play everyone twice throughout the season so I suppose it doesn't really matter about the order!

I am feeling optimistic not just about the squad of players, but about the club as a whole for the first time in a very long time. Long may it continue, and let's hope that we get the results on the pitch that our change in leadership should hopefully merit.

I just pray and pray that if we do get off to a bad first couple of months, the fans and board have the guts to back their manager and give him the required time. I firmly believe that SOD is the best manager we could possibly have in our situation, and feel optimistic with him at the helm. We are lucky to have him, in my opinion.

And furthermore, I can't wait to see us - at least trying - to be a passing, ball retaining team. It will be such a welcome change from the long ball dirge we've been fed for the last few years. I would love to see us playing like Swansea did when they were in L1, and even in the Championship and still now in the PL.

I didn't get to any of the friendlies so I cannot wait until Saturday to see how things have changed since I saw us last, against Sheffield Weds towards the end of last season.

I really, really hope you're right.

I find myself full of optimism, but i have to keep reminding myself of what we've had to put up with for the past few years and reign it in, it's almost like i've become accustomed to false hope. Still, we have to do it at some point and if the recent reports reports are true, we appear to have started to play football.

I cannot wait for saturday.

COYR.

Because I've been to 3 of the pre season games and although he has been ok in the air his balls kills gave been shocking (IMO).

Would like to see him in a competative game to gauge his ability as I'm still uncertain he is a decent footballer

I assume you didn't go to Bournemouth if you think his ball skills are shocking.

as Ian said really, couple 'quick anywhere will do' so to speak but most of the time I felt Flint kept it simple and on the floor.

I assume you didn't go to Bournemouth if you think his ball skills are shocking.

I didn't so glad to hear he put in a good performance.

For the record I don't have some agenda against the guy, I've posted before that I think he is an essential edition to the squad.

I'm not expecting our CBs to be contributing to flowing passing moves, I'd rather they concentrate on keeping the ball out of the net.

However from my observations to date there have been some occasions where his passing, in my opinion had been a bit off.

We've let in no goals this preseason when he's been on the pitch which says a great deal.

Make your own minds up guys next week and onwards, I was just commenting on what I saw at reading.

....would think that Lewis will be taking Flint under his wing and looking to bring him along,smoothing the rough edges.

Only Marv, Pearson and Fontaine I would like to see go. Killa has proved in preseason that he has something to offer and for someone to worry about flint is crazy. He has been solid for us and despite what some swindle fans say, he's comfortable on the ball.

The signing of pack will mean we will loan out Pearson and Elliot with a view to sell. No place for them in the team tbh

...agree,Pearson and Elliot are treading water..both will be moved on when possible-hoping as soon as.

We shouldn't forget that for a period last season, just after the Stead injury, Marv looked like the Marv of old. I wouldn't write him off just yet...

as Ian said really, couple 'quick anywhere will do' so to speak but most of the time I felt Flint kept it simple and on the floor.

The thing is, there will be times in every game where this is exactly what you want. I'd much rather see an "anywhere will do" clearance than a player who thinks he can do too much and play around an attacker, only to lose the ball and be facing away from goal. The mark of the good centre back is knowing when a situation calls for this and when he does have the time/ability to play it!

The thing is, there will be times in every game where this is exactly what you want. I'd much rather see an "anywhere will do" clearance than a player who thinks he can do too much and play around an attacker, only to lose the ball and be facing away from goal. The mark of the good centre back is knowing when a situation calls for this and when he does have the time/ability to play it!

Agree there, don't want to lose it in a dangerous area.

Hope I'm wrong but I can't help thinking that theirs people looking for faults and just waiting for the excuse to get on this guys back!

Annoying when that happens isn't it? When someone just bangs on and on at someone, calling them all sorts and generally being a nause.

Archived