IGNORED

Any Genuine Rumours On A Striker?

Who Are Rovers?

This would be the time to try a non-league bit of scouting, or league two, as the are a few fast strikers who, in theory, fit our criteria.

E.g.

Anthony Malbon - Kidderminster - Hit 19 goals in 46 games last season in the BSP last season.

Andre Gray - Luton Town - Scored 17 in 44 games, also in the BSP.

Jamie White - Southamton academy product, 5"8, hit 51 goals in 32 appearances for Winchester City, before moving to Salisbury, who he scored 27 in 45 for last season in the blue square south.

This would be the time to try a non-league bit of scouting, or league two, as the are a few fast strikers who, in theory, fit our criteria.

E.g.

Anthony Malbon - Kidderminster - Hit 19 goals in 46 games last season in the BSP last season.

Jamie White - Southamton academy product, 5"8, hit 51 goals in 32 appearances for Winchester City, before moving to Salisbury, who he scored 27 in 45 for last season in the blue square south.

He sounds promising.

This isnt a rumour but me just using a bit of common sense on the type of strikers we should be looking at. IMO Billy Sharp is out of the question his wages are far too high and there are clubs in the championship that would bite Saints hands off to get him. We should continue with looking at young exciting players (Wynter/Williams) however this may not be the case as we need someone who has decent enough experince to grab a few goals and jump straight in as it were. Therefore we should look around in Leagues 1 and 2 and look and see who there is. For example Will Grigg would of been excatly the type of striker we should of been looking at. Here's a few i think would/could be realistic targets for us:

Tom Pope: Port Vale:27 Scored 31 goals last year in L2, with a previously good record and certainly would relish a chance at a higher level, knows how to finish, has a good balance of experince and hunger.

Nakki Wells:Bradford:23 Scored 22 goals last year with Bradford, a good talent who i feel could do very well under SoD. Very pacey with a clever touch. May wish to show loyalty to Bradford though. Would require a decent fee too in order for Bradford to depart with thier prize asset.

Anthony Malbon:Kiddeminster Harriers:2. Scored 19 goals in the conference last year. 3rd top scorer, matt green the top scorer has gone to birmingham. Worth a look imo, the confernce is a hard battling league and to score 19 goals at 21 shows talent and the ability to handle himself agaisnt some big defenders. Proven at non league, maight be a diamond in the rough. Look where Dwight Gayle and Charlie Austin came from. Nowhere.

Simon Church:24 Reading. Out of contract. Probably a victim of Reading bouncing from the championship to the Premiership. Decent record at Reading in the championship. Few poor loan moves however at 24 and being out of contract is looking for a stable club who can offer him first team football. Could be a good asset to have.

George Bowerman:21:Walsall Out of contract. Decent record at Walsall. kept out of the team by Will Grigg. Surprisingly released. Young and could be worth a secong glance.

SOD already aware.

Rovers scouted White last season & now they got the ex Sailsbury manager on board may go back in for him.

Blimey, that is some record the lad has, and is only 23.

Considering the likely low cost of fees and wages might be very well worth a punt.

E.g.

Fair play lad, looks like you have a good eye for a player there.

I've had my eye on Anthony Malbon for a while now, looks like a good prospect.

Andre Gray has also been on my watch list for a while and I'm keenly following his progress.

As for White, as another poster mentioned, with Rovers taking Salisbury's manager as their assistant, no doubt he's got his eye on this young lad.

As for my view on an incoming striker, I mentioned on another thread a few days ago that I can't see us buying a new one, think we're looking at the loan market - and Britt Assombalonga rings the bell for me. 20 year old from Watford who was loaned to Southend last season. I thought he'd feature for them this year but they've signed up all their foreigners and also picked up Fabbrini and Acuna, so I reckon Assombalonga is available for loan - and Watford will probably want him to go above L2 level this time.

Failing that Burt may have a sneaky word with his old employers at Forest and ask if Ishmael Miller is available - I reckon he'd be available for loan as he's probably now 5th choice with them signing Mackie.

Either of those I'd be happy with.

I doubt Rovers would sign White. They have hardly any money due to FFP.

Bit like us and Pack really.

True, but with the bloke who signed him for Salisbury now assistant at Roverzzzz, you never know if a deal may be struck to get him in Jan or when his contract is up end of the season. Basically, City certainly won't be taking a chance on this lad, but I can very easily see a deal being struck for the other lot.

True, but with the bloke who signed him for Salisbury now assistant at Roverzzzz, you never know if a deal may be struck to get him in Jan or when his contract is up end of the season. Basically, City certainly won't be taking a chance on this lad, but I can very easily see a deal being struck for the other lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23380288

Read this. I can't imagine it would happen till players have gone.

I think FFP is meaning clubs aren't spending massive in the lower leagues so average players can't demand higher wages.

Think it will take a few years till the wages are reduced a lot more though. Still players at even our club on too high a wage for their ability.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23380288

Read this. I can't imagine it would happen till players have gone.

I think FFP is meaning clubs aren't spending massive in the lower leagues so average players can't demand higher wages.

Think it will take a few years till the wages are reduced a lot more though. Still players at even our club on too high a wage for their ability.

I stoutly agree Tins. I'm just saying that with the connection, I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of gentlemans agreement was in place for them to sign White once they are able to do so, whether in Jan or end of the season once they get rid of some higher contracts (much like ourselves!!)

I personally would finish our signing off with:

• Harewood - On a free and will give us that extra opinion up front - I really do think he could do a job for us
  • Pacey striker in the form of someone like Jay Simpson
  • And then lets wrap up a deal for Marlon Pack -
  • In the mean time I would ship out Pearson.

This for me would round things off.

I personally would finish our signing off with:

• Harewood - On a free and will give us that extra opinion up front - I really do think he could do a job for us
  • Pacey striker in the form of someone like Jay Simpson
  • And then lets wrap up a deal for Marlon Pack -
  • In the mean time I would ship out Pearson.

This for me would round things off.

I totally agree, but who would want Pearson?

No do say more ellaborate!

Wenger took him to Asia on pre-season and he came on to score the winner in the final game so wenger cant think hes a million miles away from breaking through. With minimal first team experience he looks like a great prospect and rated highly. I can see them looking for a championship club if they let him on loan however i hope im wrong he would be a great acquisition.

Archived