IGNORED

Season Tickets

Scrumpy_247

They've maintaine high numbers since they first dropped into L2.

With our season ticket sales, I actually think we'll struggle to get up to 10.5k average attendance.

Depends how we do. If were at the right end of the league theres no reason we cant average similar to last year. 12-13k

They've maintaine high numbers since they first dropped into L2.

With our season ticket sales, I actually think we'll struggle to get up to 10.5k average attendance.

Last year around about, judging by season ticket sales, 3,000 to 4,000 matchday tickets were sold. Season tickets have dropped by about 1,000 so say match day tickets do too depending on how we do our average attendance will be around about 11,000 and will drop to 10,000 but will go up to about 16,000 if we're challenging for promotion. Attendances are unlikely to drop further than 10,000 based on last seasons sales.

If we are in the top 6 and regularly winning games at home then obviously we will get 15k plus anyone got any idea what the gates were like in the promotion season??

Average 12,818.

The last time City averaged less than 10,000 was also the last time we had an average season in this division - i.e. not really challenging for the play offs - 9,803 in 2000.

Alot of goodwill has been lost amongst City supporters in the last few years and we've lost thousands of regular supporters who it will be very hard for the club to entice back.

Successful football will help of course, but it has to be achieved by football that's good to watch as well, because watching City has become a tedious chore for many and only a mixture of winning and entertaining football - where attending AG actually becomes an enjoyable experience again - will do it for many.

We've apparently sold about 8k season tickets, the average POTD was about 300 last season - should increase a bit more this time round - and the away support will presumably be massively reduced.

I'd expect us to be at least 3,000 down on last seasons average of 13,348, getting gates of anything between 9,000 and 11,500 depending on the opponent, unless we start well and have an exceptional season.

Indeed.

I'm sure the amount of people in the stadium and official attendance was massively different at times last season

Yep, we know that all STH's are included in the official attendance whether they attend or not.

We also know, courtesy of a statement from Colin Sexstone a while back, that even in the best of times about 1 in 6 STH's miss each game.

Last season it was very obvious on numerous occasions that on top of that a good percentage of the STH's had simply had enough, and had made the decision to no longer attend.

You only had to look around you at the missing regulars, and the gaps in the stands generally, to realise some of the actual attendances were nowhere near the official figure announced.

Yep, we know that all STH's are included in the official attendance whether they attend or not.

We also know, courtesy of a statement from Colin Sexstone a while back, that even in the best of times about 1 in 6 STH's miss each game.

Last season it was very obvious on numerous occasions that on top of that a good percentage of the STH's had simply had enough, and had made the decision to no longer attend.

You only had to look around you at the missing regulars, and the gaps in the stands generally, to realise some of the actual attendances were nowhere near the official figure announced.

Also happens the other way round.

We've had near sellouts (in both the home and away ends) and the attendance has only just topped 15k.

you do know that is against the law and if it were true and found out we'd have out licence for holding sporting events stripped from us

I'll take your noble word, as you're very sure on a lot of things.

But I'm aware that there would be circumstances.

Thanks.

Archived