IGNORED

City V Hartlepool Play Off On Sky Sports 3 Now

MC RISK77

Always gets forgotten what a brilliant header that was from Goodfellow.

Was a broke student and couldn't be at the game. Was watching it in the corner of the pub with about 6 other city fans (the UEFA cup final was on all the other TVs!!) and as he headed it there was a problem with the signal. All we saw were stills of him celebrating as a weak signal came through shot by shot. That particular corner of a pub in Manchester went absolutely bloody mental..... Still it was restrained as to what happened a few minutes later :banana:

Why is there no good video on youtube! I was only 15 at the time and came from spain where i lived to watch the game ;-) for 89 mins it was torture the rest bloody mental :laugh:!! Lost my glasses twice ;-) if only we didnt mess up that final who knows where we would be now.... Roberts was a hero then tossed away a few months later,

I have to say that after all the leaping up and down I had a moment's sympathy for the 'pools fans. The ones I met were a decent bunch and to travel all that way to be denied at the last...

Anyway, they might have turned up for the final, unlike us :(

Saw the game in The Bush Totterdown, now, sadly, closed and looking very sad.

For an almost as good a watch check out Man Utd v West Brom from late 70's on ITV3 or currently catch up TV, super match and proves footy didn't begin with Sky.

Archived