IGNORED

Harewood Interview

prankerd

He sounds like a great lad, really up for it, think the abuse from people on here is a bit harsh... Hes a lower premiership team/ championship player... Do people really not realise were in league 1 atm?... I think he will be useful in this division and a one year deal would be great... Still need a prolific striker tho but im sure we will have that by the end of the transfer window..

He sounds like a great lad, really up for it, think the abuse from people on here is a bit harsh... Hes a lower Premier League team/ championship player... Do people really not realise were in league 1 atm?... I think he will be useful in this division and a one year deal would be great... Still need a prolific striker tho but im sure we will have that by the end of the transfer window..

Behave.

Have to admit I was one who was underwhelmed at the prospect of Harewood joining, but he looks more likely to score than Taylor and maybe has a year or two left in him at this level and will be good in the dressing room and teaching the younger strikers- Have to trust SOD's judgement on this one.

Like I've said since we've been linked with Marlon, he will give us something extra up front. I can't believe the amount of people on this board slagging him off before he's even kicked a ball in anger, but hey, lets all sheep along without actually watching him play.

Enjoy

sounds like a very intelligent, realistic guy. maybe he can bring us some much needed experience and professionalism up front. no one would be expecting more than 10-12 goals from him (though more would be a bonus!) but having watched that i think the worries about him being a journeyman looking for a payday can subside somewhat

I don't think anyone has questioned his ability for this league. It just seems like a step backwards in terms of signing players who will improve and gain value.

Also, the idea of not being able to afford Pack if we sign Harewood has a big influence, certainly for me anyway. Hopefully we get both, as SOD really seems to want him.

I don't think anyone has questioned his ability for this league. It just seems like a step backwards in terms of signing players who will improve and gain value.

Also, the idea of not being able to afford Pack if we sign Harewood has a big influence, certainly for me anyway. Hopefully we get both, as SOD really seems to want him.

We have 2 strikers and 7 central midfielders that's the reason why he will be signed

Think this is the source of my caution too.

3 years ago if we'd be in for Harewood, certainly on a free, and even at Championship level, I'd have been happy with that.

But the idea we might be missing out on younger players is my concern. Also, as Harewood says himself, he's maybe behind in his fitness, and at that age it may be a bigger issue.

BUT that all said, think SO'D knows what he'd looking to bring to the team, and from what he says in the video and what has been said about him, looks to be at the brink of moving into the 'mentor'/coach stage, and if that meant the likes of Taylor and our other strikers being able to develop, even if Marlon doesn't play too many games, I'm all for it.

Also think he's a decent size and good enough footballer to cause some defences at this level a problem still, so we could do a lot worse.

Just don't want you see us miss out on Pack.

Archived