IGNORED

Kalju Nomme V Viktoria Plzen Tonight

EstoniaTallinnRed

For all those still following the progress of Kalju in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. The first leg of the third round is being played tonight at the A Le Coq Arena (Estonia's national ground in Tallinn) tonight at 19.00 hours, UK time 17.00 hours. I have tickets, although the game may be a sell out, the capacity is around 9,500 only and it is general admission. This means that it is first come for the best seats, so we will be there early as the gates open at 17.30. There should be a few Plzen supporters there, I haven't found any notification of how many yet, but will let you know in my summary tomorrow, if I find out or just estimate. Yesterday it was 28c here and very humid, thankfully it has dropped today and is only 22c at the moment with showers expected, should make the pitch a bit faster than usual, as it is grass and not artificial as some of the clubs have here.

So I am looking forward to a good game, with a few goals. Till tomorrow then!

For all those still following the progress of Kalju in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. The first leg of the third round is being played tonight at the A Le Coq Arena (Estonia's national ground in Tallinn) tonight at 19.00 hours, UK time 17.00 hours. I have tickets, although the game may be a sell out, the capacity is around 9,500 only and it is general admission. This means that it is first come for the best seats, so we will be there early as the gates open at 17.30. There should be a few Plzen supporters there, I haven't found any notification of how many yet, but will let you know in my summary tomorrow, if I find out or just estimate. Yesterday it was 28c here and very humid, thankfully it has dropped today and is only 22c at the moment with showers expected, should make the pitch a bit faster than usual, as it is grass and not artificial as some of the clubs have here.

So I am looking forward to a good game, with a few goals. Till tomorrow then!

Just thought I would add this photo

I reckon 1-3 or 1-4

You were nearly right with your forecast, it was 0-4. Plzen were too strong in all departments for Kalju and passed the ball around like Barcelona. The big mistake that Kalju made was staging the game at the national stadium, as it was not even half full so there was no intimidating atmosphere which they would have had if they had played at Kadriog.

Plzen first goal after 3-4 minutes was lucky, as it rebounded off a players leg and into the net and util the start of the second half Kalju had some chances but the end product was not there. Kalju's best player was Allan-Axel Kimbaloula who caused a few problems with his direct dribbling skills, this player, I am informed, came from Lille in France and actually turned down Norwich to play for Kalju, why I don't know! He reminded me of Albert, but I think, more skillful on the ground and puts in a good cross, he's just the sort of player I would like to see at City, skillful, good football brain and very direct, very different from Voskoboiniko who as usual ran around like a headless chicken, pointing and jumping about six inches when the ball came towards his head. The only reason the coach plays him is because IMO the only other big forward he has is Neemelo, who is 32 and can't last 90 minutes, so for most of the game until subbed Kalju might as well have be playing with ten men.

So, it was a good game, as I thought it would be, the only downside was somebody took my wife's expensive umbrella after the game. We we not allowed under FIFA rules to take it into the ground, so it was placed with others on a table where the security men were. When we came out to claim it, it was gone, we think taken by somebody who saw it was a good one and as it was raining didn't want to get wet. I don't know, obviously, but there were a few hundred Plzen fans there and it could have been one of them, as in our experience, Estonia people are usually very honest. We had no idea that umbrella's were not allowed in the ground or we wouldn't have taken it.

Well Until next season Kalju's Champions League adventure seems, barring a miracle, to be over, I just hope they don't disgrace their selves at Plzen on the 7th August.

Random you have a couple of Japanese players and a Brazilian, they any good?

Yes Kalju have a couple of Japanese players, but I don't think there is a Brazilan player. they have a Portugese player his name is Jorge Rodriques, the Jap players are Hidetoshi Wakui and Kosuke Usami. I have looked at the team list and no Brazilian Player in the squad. The Jap players IMO are average. Re Rodriques I don't think I have seen him play yet.

If you refer to my previous post a week ago you will see that I listed all the foreign players in the squad.

Yes Kalju have a couple of Japanese players, but I don't think there is a Brazilan player. they have a Portugese player his name is Jorge Rodriques, the Jap players are Hidetoshi Wakui and Kosuke Usami. I have looked at the team list and no Brazilian Player in the squad. The Jap players IMO are average. Re Rodriques I don't think I have seen him play yet.

If you refer to my previous post a week ago you will see that I listed all the foreign players in the squad.

Perhaps it was Portuguese then?!

Thanks for the info though.

Archived