IGNORED

Benik Afobe

Evander SnowyField

Why are people ruling it out because of ligament damage? We don't know the extent. After all we were told 4 months for Kelly. This kid will be coming up for 5 months. If it is a season long loan, and he is close to full fitness I don't see a problem.

No idea if it is true or not, but I wouldn't rule it out based on injury. Rule it out based on it being complete bollocks if you want :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have the 1 up top with 2 supporting anyway, we have a few options to do that.

Dude, from this article http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/kneeinjuriescruciate.htm

( that's assuming all goes well, likely up to a year!)

March, April, May, June, July ( we are only in month 5) So won't be fit, fit for at least another couple of months and is why I'm not as certain as some seem to be that Kelly will be back before March at the earliest!

Aye so according to that he could have already been doing unlimited gym work etc. So if things go well he could miss a few weeks of the season? Who knows how his rehab has gone, but if well, I can't see a season long loan with missing out on a month being too much of a hurdle (it does say 6 months return to professional sport, and the assumption is that is from point of surgery)

Of course he could be knackered, but on the face of it I can't see a problem. Granted a 1 or 3 month loan I can see the problem.

If we are after him I can't believe we would sign him up knowing he had another 6 months rehabilitation.

Aye so according to that he could have already been doing unlimited gym work etc. So if things go well he could miss a few weeks of the season? Who knows how his rehab has gone, but if well, I can't see a season long loan with missing out on a month being too much of a hurdle (it does say 6 months return to professional sport, and the assumption is that is from point of surgery)

Of course he could be knackered, but on the face of it I can't see a problem. Granted a 1 or 3 month loan I can see the problem.

If we are after him I can't believe we would sign him up knowing he had another 6 months rehabilitation.

With our record of taking players on loan, only to get almost instantly injured, I'd be very worried about us taking on someone for a year, who already has serious question marks over his fitness. Of course the club would carry out a medical, but with our luck in that department, I'd rather we looked at someone who is at least fit at the moment.

These days we can't afford to take a punt and hope we can get away with it, can we?

With our record of taking players on loan, only to get almost instantly injured, I'd be very worried about us taking on someone for a year, who already has serious question marks over his fitness. Of course the club would carry out a medical, but with our luck in that department, I'd rather we looked at someone who is at least fit at the moment.

These days we can't afford to take a punt and hope we can get away with it, can we?

I would presume in this case we are Doing Arsenal a favour giving the lad first team football. I would have thought in terms of youth players we are not paying the wages, the parent club would. Maybe I am being s bit naive here. If it is in the interest of Arsenal to get him playing and fit, there would be a caveat, if the knee gets injured all bets are off and he heads back there.

I would presume in this case we are Doing Arsenal a favour giving the lad first team football. I would have thought in terms of youth players we are not paying the wages, the parent club would. Maybe I am being s bit naive here. If it is in the interest of Arsenal to get him playing and fit, there would be a caveat, if the knee gets injured all bets are off and he heads back there.

If Arsenal were paying the wages, that would be a win, win situation from our point of view. He'd be getting match time, so Arsenal would benefit and we wouldn't be carrying any of the risk. If there's no risk for us and we could just ship him back if he got injured again then great.

I was just concerned we'd be stuck with paying another crocked player's wages and not be able to afford a replacement on the wage bill.

So don't loan players have to pass a medical, if there is no financial input from the loaning club?

I would have thought so, to prove they are fit for purpose or close enough fit for purpose to make it worthwhile. I would presume they need to pass for insurance purposes as well.

Think we should go for a more proven striker 2 goals for bolton in 20 games not good enough really need a striker that is consistently hitting double figures

They don't come cheap and we don't have the money to finance such a signing, plus a striker who regularly hits double figures at this level will no doubt want to play at a higher level and a bigger club.

This is the reason we are looking at loanees and second chancers, it's all about the paper kid.

Another young arsenal player called Wellington Silva has put a photo on Instagram of him with akpom and afobe with the tag line 'after training in the locker room with akpom and afobe' so one could assume he is training, we don't know what stage of his recovery he is at.

But he's not in Bristol then.

Archived