IGNORED

Transport From Temple Meads

danrozzell

Hi

Im about to turn 16 and have just purchased a season ticket which me and my friend will be traveling to the gate from Bristol Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads on a match day then i have heard there is a bus from outside temple meads to the gate for supporters at around 2pm every Saturday that costs £1 return please could anyone tell me if this is right and just help me out on how to get from temple meads to ashton gate the fastest and cheapest possible way

Many Thanks

Dan Rozzell

• Admin

Hi Dan

The company aBus run this route, it starts in Keynsham and follows the A4 into Bristol, past Temple Meads through the City centre then onto AG8.

I've used the service AFTER the game before, the buses are easy to spot as they are a fleet of double decker buses and after the game they leave from the exit by the club shop heading to Greyville Smythe park,

There are usually three buses that wait until they are full then leave following the reverse route back out to Keynsham

Another alternative to you, is to get the train to Parson Street, there is a train about 17:30 going North, I get the train back to Weston from here and find it the least hassle option as the aBus can get stuck in traffic heading through Bristol

check out http://www.abus.co.uk/ there is a pdf document under the route map section showing the pick up points:

"Service A to and from Ashton Gate Stadium

Service A operates one hour before the kick-off of all home games from Brislington and Temple Meads calling at the stops shown on the left.

After the match has finished, buses return to Brislington via the Centre and Temple Meads setting down as required."

this raises an interesting point - though not advisable for our young friend ;) - which are the best / if any good boozers to hit on the walk from TM to AG? obviously the classic AG ones once you get close, but for breaking up the journey?!

Hi

Im about to turn 16 and have just purchased a season ticket which me and my friend will be traveling to the gate from Bristol Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads on a match day then i have heard there is a bus from outside temple meads to the gate for supporters at around 2pm every Saturday that costs £1 return please could anyone tell me if this is right and just help me out on how to get from temple meads to ashton gate the fastest and cheapest possible way

Many Thanks

Dan Rozzell

The good news is that soon there will be a stadium much closer to Parkway and you won't have to travel across town to watch a game of football. :ph34r::ph34r:

The good news is that soon there will be a stadium much closer to Parkway and you won't have to travel across town to watch a game of football. :ph34r::ph34r:

Shame its not in bristol though.

Rovers fans are making me laugh saying, its close enough to bristol, parkway station has bristol in the title.

Southend airport is now called London Southend.

Now is Southend in London?? As its in the name now.

he would watch football at the ubend stadium ether, thats just a massive kick and rush

Shame its not in bristol though.

Rovers fans are making me laugh saying, its close enough to bristol, parkway station has bristol in the title.

Southend airport is now called London Southend.

Now is Southend in London?? As its in the name now.

And Old Trafford isn't in Manchester, can't say it worries me too much .

this raises an interesting point - though not advisable for our young friend ;) - which are the best / if any good boozers to hit on the walk from TM to AG? obviously the classic AG ones once you get close, but for breaking up the journey?!

We normally have some food at the Wetherspoons by Temple Meads, then wander over to the Ship Inn by Redcliffe Church. Walk down the river to the Orchard, then to the cottage and then a can on the wall if the sun is out!

When coming in by train the FOD barmy army Chepstow, Forest of Dean , and Caldicot regiments usually attend the following parade grounds

Knights Templar (for brekkie) then O'neils by the centre then one of the bars on the waterfront then the Ferry taxi to the orchard then over the bridge to the Packet.....before presenting ourselves at AG for inspection.....

:doh:

The thing is, he actually wants to watch a game of football.

:facepalm:

He won't see any football at that place near the Parkway!!!

Archived