IGNORED

Adidas - Where Are The Shirts?

Bowie

Maybe I've missed something but, Where is the new kits and when they actually going to be out in the City Store?

Season starts Saturday, my season tickets only came through this morning and still I'm unable to get my oldest this seasons shirt?

What the hell is going on at ADIDAS?

Looking at Southampton (who have EXACTLY the same kit) their kit is on sale, why not ours?

Not impressed at all

Grown adults in replica football shirts. Oh dear.

Typical holier than thou response. Don't you think its important for the club to make as much as possible from merchandising then?? If only children bought shirts city would lose a whole lot of money each season on top of what we already do.

Personally I would buy one just to support the club even if I wasn't expecting to get much wear out of it.

• Admin

Can you please elaborate on this? I've always been interested in this argument.

Always found it odd an grown adult wearing a football shirt, just does not seem right to me

Only time an adult should where a shirt is on a foreign holiday, or if it is an England shirt

Always found it odd an grown adult wearing a football shirt, just does not seem right to me

Only time an adult should where a shirt is on a foreign holiday, or if it is an England shirt

Chav alert.

its an item of clothing ffs I've always found it odd people wearing hats but they still do

I always buy a shirt but don`t wear it very often, it is just to support the club financially albeit in a very small way. I am exiled in Devon and have a young family and therefore cannot get to that many games (About 5 a season)

Everybody has their opinion though :P

Regardless of whether or not City will lose sales because of the delay, there is another fundamental issue – providing a good service to the supporters. In addition to the problem with the shirts, the issue of season tickets was poor and buying match day tickets online has been left to the last minute. (see latest problem below)

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/156050-printing-tickets/

We’re living in an age when people who pay money for a product of any sort expect a good efficient service.

Regardless of whether or not City will lose sales because of the delay, there is another fundamental issue – providing a good service to the supporters. In addition to the problem with the shirts, the issue of season tickets was poor and buying match day tickets online has been left to the last minute.

We’re living in an age when people who pay money for a product of any sort expect a good efficient service.

shirts was beyond the clubs control and really there was nothing they could do about it,

The ticket issue really should of been comunicated a hell of a lot better, the club should of sent out a mailshot/email as well of posting on here alot earlier about the delay,

The majority have them now which is good but should of been handled alot better

So the bottom one is no one has a clue.

It's mindnumbing that neither City or Adidas have got this sorted, the shirt is effectively the same as another club and yet they have got their sorted but we haven't

There is no doubt it will result in a loss of earnings for City, many people buy the new shirt for the summer holidays or for kids birthdays earlier in season.

4 days till the start of the season and no kit is a complete and utter farce.

So many good things going on from the football side of the club, yet the commercial/retail side still needs a mass clear out.

Why? The same amount of shirts will be sold in the end.

No they won't, it's summer time at the mo, people are going on there holidays, they want to wear them whilst its hot.

My lads want a shirt now,they won't be interested in wearing a short sleeved shirt once September

comes and winter is on its way.

May as well wait until March when they are on sale for a tenner.

....looks fine during before and after a match, but just randomly wandering around town in football shirts (specially, Man U, Chelses etc) always looks a bit naff to me even City Rovers ones if the wearer is over 30 .... middle aged fat blokes wearing shirts with names of 20 year olds on their backs really does look stupid, half the time their 'idols' are twenty or more years their junior ... urghh wtf ?...

Some-thing a bit more understated than team shirts are ok, a badge or something like that, maybe a watch if that rocks the boat but non matchday shirts doo look wrong on older blokes.. (garden excepted, or when watching a live match on telly or the pub of course)...

theres a few on here saying that if youre a adult you shoudnt wear a replica shirt why?..as already said its money for are club also its up to a individual surely? imagine the lost income if adults didnt buy?..man u and all the other prem sides would lose hell of a lot of cash if it wasnt for adult shirt sales.look at rangers the other week hundreds had them on and where proud of it...be it a shirt scarf ,or a pin badge ,its income for the club wear it with pride i say.mind you if it was a sag shirt.................

• Admin

....looks fine during before and after a match, but just randomly wandering around town in football shirts (specially, Man U, Chelses etc) always looks a bit naff to me even City Rovers ones if the wearer is over 30 .... middle aged fat blokes wearing shirts with names of 20 year olds on their backs really does look stupid, half the time their 'idols' are twenty or more years their junior ... urghh wtf ?...

Some-thing a bit more understated than team shirts are ok, a badge or something like that, maybe a watch if that rocks the boat but non matchday shirts doo look wrong on older blokes.. (garden excepted, or when watching a live match on telly or the pub of course)...

100% with you.

Just look on the "Fullkitwankers" page and things become clearer

Archived