IGNORED

"huge" Ronaldo News Imminent

CTRed

BREAKING: C.Ronaldo has already agreed personal terms with Man Utd, which we're told will be a 3 year deal worth £275,000 a week. #RM #MUFC

Real and United are yet to agree on a price for the player. However Real will want at least to recoup the £80M they spent on Ronaldo.

This money will obviously be reinvested in the purchase of Tottenham's Gareth Bale.

If only this could happen. Not wanting to sound like a Communist by any means, but if the entire footballing 'pot' was a bit fairer maybe we wouldn't have football clubs going to the wall.

Why should players have to bail them out?

What has happened to football?

I was just hearing from someone who was saying it was being reported that Uniteds sponsors Nike and Chevrolet are willing to pick up Ronaldos reported demands of a 600k a week pay packet (which may or may not be true). Then I clicked on the banner for 'The John Atyeo Statue'.and it reminded me that in retirement he used to write for the Sunday Independent and I often sat next to him at Twerton Park. I had a few chats with him during that time and he was athoroughly decent bloke.

I was going to say that it's scandalous that men like Atyeo earned a pittance in relation to those like Ronaldo, but I suspect John Atyeo was the more contented man and will be remembered with much more affection.

Archived