IGNORED

Millwall At Home 1St Day 2010

Deanbcfc89

Hate to be negative on my first post and looking forward to the new season, but see alot of over excitement similar to the first day of the 2010-2011 season, which was also against a promoted team that season in Millwall, we lost 3-0 that day.

League two is not as bad as it use to be and alot of teams coming up from that division in recent years have been clubs competing at the top of league 1, Stevenage and crawley are examples of this. I do see a good season ahead point of this post being lets not expect too much to soon a 1-0 win in the last miniute will do me.

That was the last opening game I went to.

In town this weekend for my son's Christening at the church I went to as a lad, so am heading down with my dad.

Hopefully I'll bring better luck this time!

Come on you Reds!!

PS: is it too early for a match day thread?

I dare you to start a match day thread go on do it!!

I agree, I'm quite wary of Bradford and think this is a tough opening game for us. I'm positive about the new signings but I know it'll take a while for us to settle down as a team. A 1-0 win tomorrow would be a great result.

Come on City!

That opening day game against Millwall was possibly the most disappointing result I can remember for the first game of a season. I allowed myself to get sucked in by the optimism of the pre season that year and we were thoroughly brought down to earth by a promoted team. At least I expected us to get dicked at home to Ipswich the following year.

I'm a bit more cautious in my thoughts for this match, Like the OP said, I'd be very happy with a 1-0 win, even a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

Archived