IGNORED

Coventry Docked Points

fanjita

So instead of trying to rectify a sad situation they just make things even worse for the club. No different to me declaring bankruptcy and the courts telling me I can't work for 12 months to pay my debts.........absolute lunacy

So instead of trying to rectify a sad situation they just make things even worse for the club. No different to me declaring bankruptcy and the courts telling me I can't work for 12 months to pay my debts.........absolute lunacy

Not really. Supposed to be a deterrent. Problem is 10 pts is an insufficient number to do that sufficiently.

Not really. Supposed to be a deterrent. Problem is 10 pts is an insufficient number to do that sufficiently.

Deterrant for what?

They are already broke !!

Surely giving them an equal chance to earn and repay is what it is all about.

Deterrant for what?

They are already broke !!

Surely giving them an equal chance to earn and repay is what it is all about.

Deterrent to spending money they haven't got buying/paying players that are better than they can afford and giving themselves an advantage over other clubs who live within their means.

Not saying that's the root of Coventry's problem - just that's the rationale for points deductions when clubs go broke.

Deterent as it is, it is completely inappropraite punishment. Completely agree with BigTone's sentiments. A different punishment needs to be considered. Just throwing it about maybe barred from promotion that season? There has to be an alternative to in all likelihood condemning to relegation and less income in the future

Archived