IGNORED

Ours And The Rovers Away Followings This Season

BUTOR

The Gas seem pretty confident they'll top our average away attendance this season... I bloody hope not, the boasting would be unreal!

We've always taken pretty good numbers around the place in League 1, so it shouldn't happen, but it's something we should be aware of!

They'll certainly be taking more to Exeter and Newport than we will Coventry and MK Dons but hopefully we'll be able to catch up with some more local-ish games coming up. It would be nice to have a season of decent away followings because our last two average away attendances have been nothing short of dreadful!

The Gas seem pretty confident they'll top our average away attendance this season... I bloody hope not, the boasting would be unreal!

We've always taken pretty good numbers around the place in League 1, so it shouldn't happen, but it's something we should be aware of!

They'll certainly be taking more to Exeter and Newport than we will Coventry and MK Dons but hopefully we'll be able to catch up with some more local-ish games coming up. It would be nice to have a season of decent away followings because our last two average away attendances have been nothing short of dreadful!

I reckon we might sneak the away followings for the first 2 games you know. I reckon we will take a lot to mk dons and about 1k+ to cov

The likes of Accrington, Fleetwood and Burton etc.. remain exciting big teams for Rovers fans.

I know away fans are going to support their team but its obvious that the bigger the club the more fans you take - our fans won't enjoy the likes of Shrewsbury, Carlisle (no disrespect to them) as much having been used to playing more glamorous teams.

This has to rival the barcelona of League 2 classic, from yesterday off the forum discussing someone called Norburn.

Lets give the kid a break shall we. He has the potential to be as good as Steven Gerrard in the future if given the time and space to grow. We could be on to a big pay day in a few seasons which will be nice.Q

Last season attendances were poor because the team was complete cr*p and had all but given up. Like it or not fans will be put off paying £30 for an away ticket plus fuel and food etc to watch a load of dross. I expect us to do much better this season and to play some decent football (some signs of that so far). The fans will follow if the team are playing well...

I would be perfectly confident in betting any Sag (first come, first served) £50 that we will have a higher average away attendance then them this season.

The only way that could possibly change would be if they are up towards the top of their division all season and we were struggling around the bottom of ours - I don't think that this will be the case and I would hazzard a guess that our average away following this season, with a few new grounds to visit and hopefully being top 10 or better for the majority of the season, I would think our average would work out at near to 800 - 1,000. Better still if we are towards the top for most of the season.

Any takers...?

I would be perfectly confident in betting any Sag (first come, first served) £50 that we will have a higher average away attendance then them this season.

The only way that could possibly change would be if they are up towards the top of their division all season and we were struggling around the bottom of ours - I don't think that this will be the case and I would hazzard a guess that our average away following this season, with a few new grounds to visit and hopefully being top 10 or better for the majority of the season, I would think our average would work out at near to 800 - 1,000. Better still if we are towards the top for most of the season.

Any takers...?

Sure Dancin Daniel will take you up on your offer, funny how he hasn't been on here since Saturdays result.

Archived