IGNORED

Tues 11Th August 2009 = Last Cup Win

Kid in the Riot

Nearly 4 years since our last win in a cup competition.

Brentford 0 City 1

Danny Haynes got sent off before Maynard scored a second half winner.

Absolutely laughable record.

Will we finally get a win tonight?

A big, ugly Martin Allen side will provide a physical test. Our young team still needs time to gel. We've not won at Priestfield since 1988.

Must admit, I'm finding it difficult to be optimistic for this one.

Anyone got any good vibes, or should we just expect likely defeat?

Brentford 0 City 1

A big, ugly Martin Allen side will provide a physical test. Our young team still needs time to gel. We've not won at Priestfield since 1988.

Any good vibes? We can concentrate on the league after tonight.....

I'd actually like to see them try and win this one. I can't see us going up or down this season, so no need for any of that "concentrate on the league" rubbish. What we need is more games for the side to gel and expose where more is required. Cup runs will give us exactly that.

I think the physical test will do us good, as we'll be getting plenty more of that this season.

It's got to change sometime - New members of the squad will not be going into the game negatively -Gills lost 1-0 to Colchester on Saturday so won't be full of confidence and they have a few injuries -it will be a clash of styles but they will throw men forward and I think we have the players on the counter attack to hurt them if we can just defend better. Think we can win 2-1.

Always believe!

We've got a new team, a newish manager, and players who want to make a good impression on that manager, and the fans.

Also, hopefully a new mindset about the club that takes these early rounds of cup competitions seriously.

It'll never be easy at places like Gillingham but I'm confident this City team will at least put in a solid and committed performance and therefore we have every chance of winning.

I'm going for 2-1 to City.

Brentford 0 City 1

I prefer to say we have only lost 4 times in the last 4 years..... glass half full and all that

I prefer to say we have only lost 4 times in the last 4 years..... glass half full and all that

4 times in the League Cup! Plus we've lost our last 5 in the FA Cup! Actually not quite true as we did draw at home to Malaysian Ladyboy FC in the snow. But then lost the replay 1-0.

Good news is you can get 5/6 on Gills to go through to Round 2 :)

We've got a new team, a newish manager, and players who want to make a good impression on that manager, and the fans.

Also, hopefully a new mindset about the club that takes these early rounds of cup competitions seriously.

It'll never be easy at places like Gillingham but I'm confident this City team will at least put in a solid and committed performance and therefore we have every chance of winning.

I'm going for 2-1 to City.

With you on this Noggers .nourish the Hare chappy .

Archived