IGNORED

Rearranging Stadiums To Get An Advantage

Carey 6

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23346622

"There was a definite science behind it," she said. "It wasn't just done on a whim. It was all about the impact it would have on the team.

"The players themselves had noticed that sometimes if they were shooting towards the South Stand and there were 3,000 away fans there it was almost like playing away from home."

Interesting article, wonder if the club has ever thought about it, would placing away fans in the Atyeo be the right thing to do?

I have always thought this too personally, better to have home fans at each end and away fans in an obscure position in the corner or at the side. Look at Newcastle for example no sign of the away fans unless your religious and having a pre match pray. I think personally the club should create a space for the away fans high up in the Williams when its redeveloped so they cant be seen easily from pitch level, could create it slightly lower or higher than the home fans section so there is no need for segregation, therefore saving money on losing seats if we sell out.

I have always thought this too personally, better to have home fans at each end and away fans in an obscure position in the corner or at the side. Look at Newcastle for example no sign of the away fans unless your religious and having a pre match pray. I think personally the club should create a space for the away fans high up in the Williams when its redeveloped so they cant be seen easily from pitch level, could create it slightly lower or higher than the home fans section so there is no need for segregation, therefore saving money on losing seats if we sell out.

I reckon up in the Williams is where they should go as well. It would be like at Selhurst Park up in the corner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23346622

"There was a definite science behind it," she said. "It wasn't just done on a whim. It was all about the impact it would have on the team.

"The players themselves had noticed that sometimes if they were shooting towards the South Stand and there were 3,000 away fans there it was almost like playing away from home."

Interesting article, wonder if the club has ever thought about it, would placing away fans in the Atyeo be the right thing to do?

Surely the Atyeo would be no different to the EE (i.e. both behind a goal) and if we were to go down the same route, it would be Dolman or Williams?

Surely the Atyeo would be no different to the EE (i.e. both behind a goal) and if we were to go down the same route, it would be Dolman or Williams?

No I meant would the plans we currently have be the right thing when it seems other clubs are putting them on the sides

I've always wondered why Wembley doesn't do Mngland internationals. Instead of having them n the lower tier in one of the closest sections of the stand to the pitch - Stick them in the top corner where they are out of sight.

The best place to quell a noisy support is the bottom deck, poorer acoustics, better still if it can be arranged on the side. Molineux was a classic example of how a narrow strip of seats affects support.

The best place to quell a noisy support is the bottom deck, poorer acoustics, better still if it can be arranged on the side. Molineux was a classic example of how a narrow strip of seats affects support.

why on earth would you want to quell noisy support? isnt that part of the attraction of going to football games! i think this attitude is just a reflection of the fact that the east end gets outsung week in week out...... weak. Bradford were fantastically supported and so many city fans are too deluded to realise ! what we need is better songs and more cohesion .Half a minute of your not singing anymore when bradford clearly were was priceless! Must do better........

why on earth would you want to quell noisy support? isnt that part of the attraction of going to football games! i think this attitude is just ....

Don't tear your face off about somebody answering a point on a football forum. IF I wanted to nullify away support to gain an advantage I would use positioning to do it.

I've always wondered why Wembley doesn't do this at England internationals. Instead of having them n the lower tier in one of the closest sections of the stand to the pitch - Stick them in the top corner where they are out of sight.

I thought this as well, while watching England Games..away fans are in a prime position, it must help the opposition a bit...hide 'em away...

Archived