IGNORED

The Sun +

Pickle Rick

Am in work and decided to chek out the bullshit news. Went onto The Sun webpage and to access the page you have to sign up and PAY.

WTF is that all about?

I just want to look at some sleazy headlines and browse some content of the previously mentioned.

Obviously not the case anymore.

Looks like I'll be forgetting about that website.

Whilst on topic, anyone got any news sites they go on (safe for work)?

Other than The Sun, I usually just browse about on:

Daily Mail

Sky Sports

BBC

Yahoo

A bad idea IMO, I read online news and also buy papers (they're nice, you can write on them and do the crossword). The papers I buy are those I'm familiar with from online, so I know I'll like the style and content. If I want a heavier read these days I buy the Telegraph, I used to buy the Times but since they went behind a paywall I have no idea of the tone, content, whether they have columnists I like and am basically unfamiliar with it so don't take the gamble.

So the Times have lost one occasional reader and the Sun may be about to do the same. I look forward to the day the first site decides to drop the paywall.

I won't pay for any of these online + apps to read a paper on the phone, but I will buy a paper and the online site should be seen as generating revenue because it sells papers.

In defence of the Mirror they are often first and right with football news, though I don't usually buy redtops anyway.

• Admin

A bad idea IMO, I read online news and also buy papers (they're nice, you can write on them and do the crossword). The papers I buy are those I'm familiar with from online, so I know I'll like the style and content. If I want a heavier read these days I buy the Telegraph, I used to buy the Times but since they went behind a paywall I have no idea of the tone, content, whether they have columnists I like and am basically unfamiliar with it so don't take the gamble.

So the Times have lost one occasional reader and the Sun may be about to do the same. I look forward to the day the first site decides to drop the paywall.

I won't pay for any of these online + apps to read a paper on the phone, but I will buy a paper and the online site should be seen as generating revenue because it sells papers.

In defence of the Mirror they are often first and right with football news, though I don't usually buy redtops anyway.

Can't see anyone dropping it anytime soon, The Grauniad is losing money hand over fist by having free online content, over £30m a year, having to be subsidised by Auto Trader.

Archived