IGNORED

Brundle

Briz

Hes already been given a sqaud number, people were confused that the youngsters wernt givin squad numbers, but it seems that there still in the plans

we gave holloway a squad number for the last 3 seasons he hasn't been involved

we gave holloway a squad number for the last 3 seasons he hasn't been involved

The point I'm trying to make is that none of the youngsters (Burns,Ajala,King,Dobie,Batten) had been given sqaud numbers this season, when at the end of last season most of them had.

The point I'm trying to make is that none of the youngsters (Burns,Ajala,King,Dobie,Batten) had been given sqaud numbers this season, when at the end of last season most of them had.

thats because baring an injury crisis none of them will play as they are not as good as the senior players

thats because baring an injury crisis none of them will play as they are not as good as the senior players

Well they're young, admittedly, but I doubt it would take an injury 'crisis' for the likes of Burns and Ajala to be involved. Few clubs will use fewer than 25 players across a season, so many of these can expect to be involved at some stage.

Well they're young, admittedly, but I doubt it would take an injury 'crisis' for the likes of Burns and Ajala to be involved. Few clubs will use fewer than 25 players across a season, so many of these can expect to be involved at some stage.

perosnally I feel both need to go out on loan again and the same for ried too, it did bryan the world of good,

The problem is if we are going to play these players who will they come in and replace?

Burns has Harewood taylor baldock and jet infront of him,

Ajaa has bryan wagstaff wytner infront of him and ried has about every single senior central midfielder in front of him,

They need to be playing football and first team football at that (burns not so much) and they aren't going to get that here at this moment in time,

Loan them out if a 24hr recall clause and get them playing and devloping

perosnally I feel both need to go out on loan again and the same for ried too, it did bryan the world of good,

The problem is if we are going to play these players who will they come in and replace?

Burns has Harewood taylor baldock and jet infront of him,

Ajaa has bryan wagstaff wytner infront of him and ried has about every single senior central midfielder in front of him,

They need to be playing football and first team football at that (burns not so much) and they aren't going to get that here at this moment in time,

Loan them out if a 24hr recall clause and get them playing and devloping

LISTEN to what I'm saying.

Many were confused to why they hadnt been given sqaud numbers, then the answer to that was that there wernt in SOD plans for early in the season. I just find it a bit odd as to why Brundle wasn't given a sqaud number but has so early in the season, why didn't we just give him one when all the others were realesed. They clearly are in the plans otherwise why would have SOD given one to Brundle who travelled up to Gillingham with the sqaud!!!

Understand now!

My understanding is that because we now have this vibrant under-21 development team if we were to give squad numbers to everyone it would be a very 'busy' squad list and many wouldn't ever play.

As a result they've only given numbers to first team players and will allocate squad numbers to others as and when they make a first team squad. I.e. Brundle against Gills. I fully expect burns and ajala to be involved at some point, but others in that group won't be anywhere near the first team this year.

I guess it's just a neater way of doing it, rather than having a list of squad numbers heading up towards 40! And as others have said, it keeps numbers free for new signings which I expect to arrive once Adomah goes.

He went with the squad to gillingham and was there in the warmup, obviously there just in case there was an injury in warm up, would imagine hes impressed in training, worked his way into odriscolls thinking and got rewarded with a squad number and being taken to gillingham

I hope ajala isn't involved to be honest, no where near good enough, he's almost 22 as well. Bear in mind that JET is 22 then compare their development. If he isn't pushing to get in the team now then he probably never will be

Compare any 22 year old to JET in this league.

Unfair to compare Ajala.

Its more or less up to Ajala to prove his worth in his own respect. totally different player.

For me it doesn't mean very much he getting in the u21/u19s, Wales have been dropping for the last year or so, I mean, didnt even Ribeiro have caps for the u19s or something to that effect?

"Wales have been dropping for the last year or so"

not so

2 years ago wales were ranked 110 (2010)

today ranked 46 (july 13) their highest position in recent history (45) in June 13 ????, you have to go back to 1994 to find them ranked higher !

but t be honest i do get your point, but for an 18 year old to representing his country at any level shouldn't be dismissed, in this case its u21, so definitely worth a mention as an 18 year old

also Joe Morrell just 16 also a welsh international worth mentioning and i am sure will play alongside wes in a bristol city shirt one day (hopefully)

Archived