IGNORED

Sixfields On Sunday

Northamptonshire Red

Just thought I'd share a bit of info about anyone travelling up for the game on Sunday. If you're driving then parking shouldn't be too much of an issue; there's an on site car park which is pretty cheap, along with a couple other ones operated close by. Across the road is a new residential area called Upton, which you should be able to park for free in, however I'm not 100% sure. The nearest boozer is a Hungry Horse type place imaginatively named 'Sixfields' next to the cinema. The Rover towards Franklin's Gardens is a bit more 'traditional', and is probably about a 10-15 minute walk to Sixfields.

If you're coming from the station there is a good pub called the Thomas Becket on the left hand side as you head towards the ground. Probably about a 20-25 minute walk from there to Sixfields. If for any reason you are hanging around and fancy a good boozer in the town centre, head down St Giles Street to the Wig and Pen, really good for trying different ales from all over the place and very good food. Hope this all helps a bit.

Thanks mate. Whats the best way to come from bristol? I would have thought up to brum then across but a couple of people that been before suggested M4 to chevely services then A34 through to Northampton?

I'll be up the M5 then across, under B'ham.

There are 'A' road routes, but prefer motorways myself.

Thanks mate. Whats the best way to come from bristol? I would have thought up to brum then across but a couple of people that been before suggested M4 to chevely services then A34 through to Northampton?

No worries pal. There's quite a few different ways to get up here, and they tend to work out about the same depending on traffic. However, the best way I have found since living up here is:

-Along the M4 to Newbury and up the A34

-Then, M40 for one junction to the A43

-A43 all the way up to Northampton, then it's about 10 minutes to Sixfields.

I've found this way on a clear run can take between 1 hour 45 to 2 hours. You can also go up the A420 instead of continuing to Newbury, but I find this way is a bit more stop start, albeit slightly shorter!

Quickest way by a mile is;

M4 to Swindon,

Get off at Swindon (J15) and head to the A420

Take the A420 to Oxford, of which you get on the A34 for all of 2 miles, then the M40 for one junction before getting on the A43.

Going down the M4 to Chievley and then up the A34 adds about 34 miles onto your journey.

Can be swings and roundabouts, but doing this trip loads to Milton Keynes I have certainly settled on the above as the fastest - off at Swindon, take signs to Oxford (its 50mph speed limit, but cuts off a big corner), and as suggested.

Yep, the A420 way is a bit shorter, but depends if you want to 'cruise' a bit more I suppose.

Archived