IGNORED

Striker Rumours

HarryCardno

Looking at Malbon's record you can see that people might be wondering if he can make the step up, but it's a risky business for every Barry Hayles there 10 Jon Akinde's. if we were to take him on I would have thought he would have been in the development squad as an overage player, rather than straight into the first team squad.

if we were to take him on I would have thought he would have been in the development squad as an overage player, rather than straight into the first team squad.

which for me would rather defeat the object of bringing a striker in. AFAIK the objective of bringing someone in is to offer immediate cover/competion for the Baldock position and said striker should be ready for first team football if Baldock gets injured, loses form or formation dictates.

It may well be a "young" player but I think it will be a young player playing in the lower leagues now or a prem development squad. It would be pointless bringing one in if we are just going to drop them into the development squad

which for me would rather defeat the object of bringing a striker in. AFAIK the objective of bringing someone in is to offer immediate cover/competion for the Baldock position and said striker should be ready for first team football if Baldock gets injured, loses form or formation dictates.

It may well be a "young" player but I think it will be a young player playing in the lower leagues now or a prem development squad. It would be pointless bringing one in if we are just going to drop them into the development squad

I agree, that was my point really. I think a young prem kid who lacks opportunities and may even be prepared to come permanently eventually would be preferable. I always feel we are geographically hampered though, lads who don't want to move out of the North West or London have so many options at this level without having to relocate.

There are numerous rumours on 'that' site regarding Malbon...

If this comes true then it's a first.........

Well several Kidderminster fans seem to think there is something to this.

Despite the bullshit on there I've also read some spot on stuff too and this bloke 100% fits the new signing profile....

From the highlights of the League Cup, Amoo from Carlisle would be worth a go, although more a replacement for Albert...

He did well in the league cup, but I went and watched Carlisle vs Orient and whilst i know they got battered, he looked like an absolute donkey! I know it early days and it may have just been an off day. He has also however only just signed for them.

Well several Kidderminster fans seem to think there is something to this.

Despite the bullshit on there I've also read some spot on stuff too and this bloke 100% fits the new signing profile....

Agree.. It would be a first for 'that site'.. But seems to have legs.

Archived