IGNORED

Richard Keogh

BS49 Red

Hypothetical, obviously, but I wonder how different BCFCs position would be if we hadn't let RK go. Seems to have been Young Player/Player of the year and practically ever present wherever he has been. The CB we have missed, maybe.

He would have been playing next to a out of sort fonts last season, so no difference would be my thoughts

Based purely on this mullett, we were right to let him go........I mean.....come on!! :shocking:

698925_450_450_0_367_fit_6_ae3aac8d0d84f

Bloody hell, has he been photoshopped? for the life of me I can't remember him sporting a mullett with us! That is nearly as bad as Fabergas when he signed for Arsenal!

wasnt he a party animal back in those days, seem to remember around 2007/8 he was always in Java with Noble whose career has not really taken off since he left us. Cant remember if it was down to the fact that Keough was never in Johnson's plans so why not have a few beers....

however since leaving us he has certainly blossomed got married and seems to be focussing on his football.

Blame the Yeovil god Johnson he always knew a good player when you saw one. Best manager in 40 years at this club my arse.

Blame the player, who didn't grow up until after cutting ties here.

You can be a good player, but if you act a pillock you are no good. SOD says the same in that he needs players to buy into an ethos. I applaud Johnson for getting players such as those drinkers out.

Blame the player, who didn't grow up until after cutting ties here.

You can be a good player, but if you act a pillock you are no good. SOD says the same in that he needs players to buy into an ethos. I applaud Johnson for getting players such as those drinkers out.

Just like he got rid of Bradley Orr then? Pretty sure Bradders was a bit wayward in his time at City yet Johnson gave him a 2nd chance.

Just like he got rid of Bradley Orr then? Pretty sure Bradders was a bit wayward in his time at City yet Johnson gave him a 2nd chance.

I suppose Bradley was able to demonstrate to him that he could rehabilitate. Perhaps, although pure conjuncture, it didn't dawn on Keogh the path he was heading down until he found himself at Carlisle.

I'm not knocking Keogh now, but he may not have turned out the player he is now had he stayed here. I find it unreasonable to bash Johnson's heavy handed approach when he joined as this club needed gutting then just as it does now. Keogh, like it or not, was a bad apple here and we moved on without him. Eventually we stagnated and regressed whilst he grew, but the decision was imo the right one at the time.

This. All this crap about GJ not knowing a player...Keogh was very average when he was here and got much better as a player further down the road.

Young Player of the year award in the promotion season suggests otherwise,

Pretty much got frozen out as soon as we got promoted for unknown reasons, whilst we continuted with the likes of Tamas Vasko unlike Johnson to follow out with players though

Young Player of the year award in the promotion season suggests otherwise,

Pretty much got frozen out as soon as we got promoted for unknown reasons, whilst we continuted with the likes of Tamas Vasko unlike Johnson to follow out with players though

Ah Tamas Vasko - who can forget his winner at Burnley. He played centre forward more often than centre half!

Archived