IGNORED

Wolves

BS3_RED

If we lose on Saturday we will have 1 point from a possible 9. Not the start any of us thought we would have. I am sure we will be top 10 this season but when you have a bad start, confidence can be ripped apart and before you know it....

Sunderland were bottom at Christmas when they won the Championship.

Norwich lost 7-1 at home on the opening day in 09/10 and went on to win the league and gain successive promotions.

This 'project' is in it's infancy and will come good, I'm sure. Unfortunately only by playing competitive games can we spot and address the weak links.

And after just 2 league games I think we know where it is...

If we lose on Saturday we will have 1 point from a possible 9. Not the start any of us thought we would have. I am sure we will be top 10 this season but when you have a bad start, confidence can be ripped apart and before you know it....

I think we all knew, once the fixtures were out that we could easily be bottom three after five games. No need to be too concerned when and if it happens.

Norwich lost 7-1 at home on the opening day in 09/10 and went on to win the league and gain successive promotions.

This 'project' is in it's infancy and will come good, I'm sure. Unfortunately only by playing competitive games can we spot and address the weak links.

Sorry to be picky, Sunderland were 11th at Christmas.

They were bottom at the end of August - agreed though awful starts can be turned around

Disappointed at how Tuesday's football seemed a million miles from today.

Wolves is not going to be fun if we have a repeat of today - who knows what could happen

Sorry to be picky, Sunderland were 11th at Christmas.

They were bottom at the end of August - agreed though awful starts can be turned around

Disappointed at how Tuesday's football seemed a million miles from today.

Wolves is not going to be fun if we have a repeat of today - who knows what could happen

My mistake. Don't know why I thought they were still bottom at Xmas!

I think we'll beat wolves saturday.the most worrying aspect of todays game was hearing we were bullied by the opposition which I do fear many teams will try to emulate this season.I don't believe there are a lot of good sides in this division but many are good at stopping the perceived better sides from playing good football.very surprised we let 5 in today after looking pretty solid previously but think we'll learn a lot from today hopefully and but things right with a clean sheet on saturday.

I think we'll beat wolves saturday.the most worrying aspect of todays game was hearing we were bullied by the opposition which I do fear many teams will try to emulate this season.I don't believe there are a lot of good sides in this division but many are good at stopping the perceived better sides from playing good football.very surprised we let 5 in today after looking pretty solid previously but think we'll learn a lot from today hopefully and but things right with a clean sheet on saturday.

Hope so.

I don't think that is quite right, I was hardly alone in thinking that we had a difficult start to the season and could easily be in trouble at the end of August.

In trouble? There are 8 months of the season left after the end of August. In trouble is maybe a bit of an overreaction.

In trouble? There are 8 months of the season left after the end of August. In trouble is maybe a bit of an overreaction.

Fair point, I may not have worded it brilliantly. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't take many points from our first few games was basically what I was getting at.

If SOD does not pull a number of rabbits out of hats this week then Wolves could be a cricket score.

After two league games? I think most of us knew where the weak links were about two years ago. It's just a shame the manager/s seem to watch a different game to us.

I wholly disagree with that. Why should Wolves and Peterboro be any better equipped for this league than us?

Bungeeing between leagues is EXACTLY what Peterboro are equipped for, it's what they do, they invest a little bit of money, develop players and sell them on for bigger fees and the whole cycle starts again, especially strikers. Sometimes they'll stay up sometimes they'll get relegated but they are always strong enough to compete again next year. Apart from Gayle, who they have spent £1.2m on replacing with the lad from Watford, they have pretty much the same squad intact that went on that incredible run after Christmas and picked up more points than pretty much everyone else in the top 6 or whatever that stat was.

They've got a way of playing, they know what they're doing and they're a team. Peterborough are so much better prepared for this season than us it's untrue and to even think otherwise is absolutely laughable.

As for Wolves? Are you seriously making that as a point? Wolves have got big problems of their own but they already have a good crop of their own kids coming through, because they've got a well-established youth set-up, and yet they've still also got players in the team that were playing in the Premier League two years ago. Sako will be playing for them on Saturday most probably. Wolves biggest problem last season was their ridiculous managerial appointments.

In case it's passed you by we've been a mess for a good couple of years now, and are only just starting to scrape the surface of trying to put things right. To even ask the question why Wolves and Peterborough should be better equipped for this league than us dumbfounds me. Doesn't mean we can't compete with them in this division eventually this season, and I think we will, but at the moment there is no comparison between us and either of them.

Being brutally honest, I can't see beyond a loss at wolves. Our defence and keeper haven't quite clicked communication wise and the likes of sako and griffiths will capitalise on that. If we play Fontaine we will be weak in the air against the long ball, play Elliot and our midfield will be disjointed. Play Kilkenny and attacking wise, not a lot will happen.

If we're are to attempt to get a point it must be:

Fielding, Moloney, flint, Williams, Cunningham, wagstaff, wynter, pack, Bryan, jet, baldock.

Pack pulling the strings, wynter protecting the back four and helping the play move forward. Wagstaff and Bryan for natural width although they are comfortable in cm, and need I say more about jet and baldock

Being brutally honest, I can't see beyond a loss at wolves. Our defence and keeper haven't quite clicked communication wise and the likes of sako and griffiths will capitalise on that. If we play Fontaine we will be weak in the air against the long ball, play Elliot and our midfield will be disjointed. Play Kilkenny and attacking wise, not a lot will happen.

If we're are to attempt to get a point it must be:

Fielding, Moloney, flint, Williams, Cunningham, wagstaff, wynter, pack, Bryan, jet, baldock.

Pack pulling the strings, wynter protecting the back four and helping the play move forward. Wagstaff and Bryan for natural width although they are comfortable in cm, and need I say more about jet and baldock

i hope you are right as its the first game at the gate for me in a while now.

im relying on the city upping their game for the big boys saturday

Archived