IGNORED

On My Way Home From The Game...

Habberss

Well done for making the journey. Doesn't sound like many of your fellow message boarders did. Attendance 2,204.

And you should do some research before you gob off. Over half that gate were Bristol City fans, not Cov fans.

Good turn-out by your lot then. Chwarae Teg.

And you're up to 15th so looks like being a good season.

622 posts on a club's message board that isn't your own. Do you mind if I ask why....? I mean honestly I couldn't be bothered to even register on an opponents forum, let alone post there incessantly. Is life in England's shadow that boring?

Good turn-out by your lot then. Chwarae Teg.

And you're up to 15th so looks like being a good season.

Consolidation is what this season is about RFG, as most of the saner heads on here will tell you.

I wonder how yours is going to pan out? Pan might be an appropriate word....

Just got back.

Baldock will come in for some flack - he makes decent runs, gets himself in good positions, and misses a fair proportion. Should really have scored by half time. Equally, he scored 2, and if he scored a much higher proportion, would be worth multi millions I suppose! In tight games, we need to be careful we do not give him to much grief if he misses the odd one. He gets at the end of chances.

Five a side stuff today at times. At half time we really could have been looking at a shocker if things continued. Fair play for the team getting back in to it, but at 3-3 and 4-4 the momentum was clearly with us, just to fail to hold the score both times, conceding almost immediately.

What disappoints most is the game plan I was expecting to see was a tighter unit, making it hard for the other team, building from the back. The first half we were school boy defending. No unit at all.

Much talk about Fontaine. Very poor, got turned all the time. Did not think Flint was great either. Not one for jumping on the bandwagon, but Fontaine clearly needs an extended break somewhere else to get his confidence back.

A good D1 side would have bullied Coventry and come away with 3 points. Encouraging fight back, gutted by the result. Want to see the 'plan' being put in to affect, more than results at the moment. Little sign of that today.

Wolves and MK Dons will both be really tough. Really want to start seeing shape and structure in the team.

Also on way back from game, gutted isn't the word, I thought a Mansfield could've been on for a bit!

Fielding - Few good saves to keep the score at 0-0 but his lack of height really worries me, kicking seems poor also!

Moloney - booked early on, couldn't really tackle much after that, got skinned for Cov 3rd

Flint - Poor for the penalty, got back and was pretty needless lunge, but won majority of header as usual, doing the job of two can't be easy

Fontaine - See various other threads

Cunningham - Didn't look great either, although did notice him looking like he was being sick at start of game

Wagstaff - Worked hard for first half, few misplaced passes though wasnt the worst player but sub worked out well.

Kilkenny - Anonymous, again, the sub worked out well

Marv - Id probably give MOTM to him chased everything & great goal. Him Wynter and Pack would be who id start against Wolves.

Pack - Apart from one tackle, which imo he should've been sent off for he tackled well & looks like the player we hoped Kilkenny would be

JET - Poor first half, but so did everyone, tende to hold onto ball for too long in middle and get caught out but unplayable second half and his long throw was very dangerous.

Baldock - First half, he quite simply could've had a hat trick, but poor finishing. Second half, scrappy goal then did very well for his second! Hopefully we'll see more second half Baldock for 90mins!

Taylor - Won majority of headers, showed that we'll be much better with a big man partnering Baldock.

Williams - At fault for fifth, poor defending, didn't notice much else, he did hit the crossbar in the crossbar challenge before game though!

I think 15th will be about right for us this season. We've made some excellent signings so far while keeping the core of the side intact. I'll concede you will probably finish in a higher position though, albeit in division three.

You'll do well to survive with a 15th place finish, I can't see you taking any points from the big London clubs.

I think 15th will be about right for us this season. We've made some excellent signings so far while keeping the core of the side intact. I'll concede you will probably finish in a higher position though, albeit in division three.

Try 4 places lower and you're about right. Palace will be the only club to finish below you...

I would keep hold of your powder boyo!

You may be dreaming of getting as high as 15th during your season!

The Boyos once of blue and now of red wont know what's hit them when they come up against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal not to mention the big English Northern clubs who'll eat them for breakfast. For instance, Chelsea have just signed a German midfielder for £18 million - a superb player by all accounts - with players like that against you it isn't just Baaaaaadiff that will do well to survive in the Premiership but any newly promoted team.

The Boyos once of blue and now of red wont know what's hit them when they come up against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal not to mention the big English Northern clubs who'll eat them for breakfast.

Not to mention Swansea :)

Also on way back from game, gutted isn't the word, I thought a Mansfield could've been on for a bit!

Fielding - Few good saves to keep the score at 0-0 but his lack of height really worries me, kicking seems poor also!

Moloney - booked early on, couldn't really tackle much after that, got skinned for Cov 3rd

Flint - Poor for the penalty, got back and was pretty needless lunge, but won majority of header as usual, doing the job of two can't be easy

Fontaine - See various other threads

Cunningham - Didn't look great either, although did notice him looking like he was being sick at start of game

Wagstaff - Worked hard for first half, few misplaced passes though wasnt the worst player but sub worked out well.

Kilkenny - Anonymous, again, the sub worked out well

Marv - Id probably give MOTM to him chased everything & great goal. Him Wynter and Pack would be who id start against Wolves.

Pack - Apart from one tackle, which imo he should've been sent off for he tackled well & looks like the player we hoped Kilkenny would be

JET - Poor first half, but so did everyone, tende to hold onto ball for too long in middle and get caught out but unplayable second half and his long throw was very dangerous.

Baldock - First half, he quite simply could've had a hat trick, but poor finishing. Second half, scrappy goal then did very well for his second! Hopefully we'll see more second half Baldock for 90mins!

Taylor - Won majority of headers, showed that we'll be much better with a big man partnering Baldock.

Williams - At fault for fifth, poor defending, didn't notice much else, he did hit the crossbar in the crossbar challenge before game though!

Spot on. I don't know why Fontaine is handed the shirt week in week out. He's be shocking for two seasons now! Surely we can find a better centre half. It's good that we scored 4 goals, but conceding 5 is a joke. I'm seriously dreading the wolves game. Defend like we did today and it will be another 4 goal hammering. We also need a fast winger, albert is a massive loss, we need to fill that hole quickly. He would have ripped another hole in Coventry's pocket!

Archived