IGNORED

Baldock Captain, Should Flint Wear The Band?

hippy273

I noticed Baldock was captain which definitely showed organisation was lacking today in the first half especially. We did well to come back, but I definitely think Aden Flint was the 'unofficial' captain of the defence. Hasn't been with us very long at all, but he shows strong passion and is already becoming half of the defence and is constantly putting his shift in for Fontaine. We never really had a consistent captain other than Fontaine/Skuse last season. But Flint has my backing as a born leader.

Go organise Flinty!

Precisely. Flint is great but there's only so much he can do when expected to do the job of 2 CBs.

And also a captaincy for Baldock certainly hasn't done him any harm confidence wise, 3 goals in 2 games - if it takes the armband to get his best form then stick with it I say.

Does it matter, leaders will lead regardless of an elasticated band on their arm.

It still stops players taking the law into their own hands. Fontaine was all over the place today, if he wasn't in position he was caught mixed up by the midfield. The shape was all over the place today.

Just got back - for what it is worth, I always like a defender to be captain.

Baldock will come in for some flack - he makes decent runs, gets himself in good positions, and misses a fair proportion. Should really have scored by half time. Equally, he scored 2, and if he scored a much higher proportion, would be worth multi millions I suppose! In tight games, we need to be careful we do not give him to much grief if he misses the odd one. He gets at the end of chances.

Five a side stuff today at times. At half time we really could have been looking at a shocker if things continued. Fair play for the team getting back in to it, but at 3-3 and 4-4 the momentum was clearly with us, just to fail to hold the score both times, conceding almost immediately.

What disappoints most is the game plan I was expecting to see was a tighter unit, making it hard for the other team, building from the back. The first half we were school boy defending. No unit at all.

Much talk about Fontaine. Very poor, got turned all the time. Did not think Flint was great either. Not one for jumping on the bandwagon, but Fontaine clearly needs an extended break somewhere else to get his confidence back.

A good D1 side would have bullied Coventry and come away with 3 points. Encouraging fight back, gutted by the result. Want to see the 'plan' being put in to affect, more than results at the moment. Little sign of that today.

It still stops players taking the law into their own hands. Fontaine was all over the place today, if he wasn't in position he was caught mixed up by the midfield. The shape was all over the place today.

no thats not right,do you think players think oh i would have a go at fonts or whoever. if only he'd made me captain. or captain tell that fullback to get tighter!!

no thats not right,do you think players think oh i would have a go at fonts or whoever. if only he'd made me captain. or captain tell that fullback to get tighter!!

I didn't see Baldock walk over to Fontaine once today and ask questions of what the hell was going on (which is what I liked about Carey). He was hoofing the ball as usual and making the strikers look easy. There was no recognition until the half time team talk, I didn't see any attitude at all.

Having seen both the Bradford and Coventry games, I don't think Flint is the right choice yet.

He allows things to get to him and can lose composure after a "bad" incident.

Personally, I'd try something that I haven't seem mentioned yet. Give the armband to JET. He carries this team going forward and seems able to motivate others.

Having seen both the Bradford and Coventry games, I don't think Flint is the right choice yet.

He allows things to get to him and can lose composure after a "bad" incident.

Personally, I'd try something that I haven't seem mentioned yet. Give the armband to JET. He carries this team going forward and seems able to motivate others.

No, don't think he's ready yet. Can get quite stroppy and lose composure after as above says a bad incident.

Don't think we should give JET the armband though, a flair player and needs his head and focus in the right place. Currently he looks like he's in the right place and I don't want him to stop what he's doing at the moment.

Archived