IGNORED

New Manager Will Need Time

arpaul

So everyone, it seems, is delighted that Danny Wilson and Bristol City have parted company. Under Wilsons leadership, City improved season by season (9th, 7th, 3rd and losing play off semi finalist and finally, as we all know, 3rd and losing play off finalists). With all existing players knowing his preferred methods of training, tactics and style of play etc, perhaps, just perhaps, it would not be inconceivable to anticipate that this steady improvement would continue and for Bristol City to finally acheive their goal in season 2004-2005 and win promotion. Obviously, we will never know. What is more than likely to happen now, is that the board will appoint a new manager, who will need to firstly assess the existing squad, during pre season ( I would assume) then impose a new management regime on them. Once this has been done, I would suggest the manager and chairman would allow themselves three years to "set the foundations for success".

Many of us perceive Bristol City to be a big club, a sleeping giant, an under acheiver. Is this the same club who couldn't sell all their allocation of tickets for a play off semi final because it was "a bit too far" or because "we could watch it in the local".

As Bristol City supporters, I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back, as having read a number of posts this evening it appears that we have taken the meaning of 'Fickle Fans' to a new level.

Archived