IGNORED

Hang Onto Your Hats, There'll Be More Of That

Welcome To The Jungle

I feel that this won't be the last mental game of what I feel will be an inconsistent season. We've played 3, won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. One great performance, 1 disastrous and 1 ambivalent. We have the potential to be a great team, but we wont start being regular until the end of the season. Today was mental, but great entertainment. I know what happened last year, but we already have that clean sheet

I feel that this won't be the last mental game of what I feel will be an inconsistent season. We've played 3, won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. One great performance, 1 disastrous and 1 ambivalent. We have the potential to be a great team, but we wont start being regular until the end of the season. Today was mental, but great entertainment. I know what happened last year, but we already have that clean sheet

Indeed, it's the BCFC roller coaster full steam ahead - hold onto your hats. Early days but if the defence can be shored up it'll be a great season because we're well up for scoring 100 goals - I bloody hope we don't concede as many. ;)

Part of why I love being a City fan is that we rock up to every game knowing that ALL THREE results are entirely possible!

No such thing as a guaranteed three points and that makes every matchday experience brilliant for me. Imagine being a Chelsea fan turning up to the likes of Cardiff, Hull and Palace at home knowing that it would be a major shock if you didn't win. Boring!

I love following the City and experiencing incredible highs and woeful lows - then after the game I happily chat with my mates dissecting the performance and day out in general but always keeping it in perspective and realising there are loads of things in this life that are so much more important.

It's great when we win and yes i'm gutted when we lose and sometimes frustrated when we draw but it's part of being a fan of Bristol City and it's great!

This season will be amazing - we will lose, win and draw. Let's enjoy the ride!

Part of why I love being a City fan is that we rock up to every game knowing that ALL THREE results are entirely possible!

No such thing as a guaranteed three points and that makes every matchday experience brilliant for me. Imagine being a Chelsea fan turning up to the likes of Cardiff, Hull and Palace at home knowing that it would be a major shock if you didn't win. Boring!

I love following the City and experiencing incredible highs and woeful lows - then after the game I happily chat with my mates dissecting the performance and day out in general but always keeping it in perspective and realising there are loads of things in this life that are so much more important.

It's great when we win and yes i'm gutted when we lose and sometimes frustrated when we draw but it's part of being a fan of Bristol City and it's great!

So true!

Excellent post.

Potential to be a great team ? Astonishing comment in view of the shambles today.Let's see how the potential manifests it self at home against Wolves.I would say this team has the potential to be relegated.

Yes, just imagine being a Chelsea fan and watching a wining team, how boring ? I love watching City getting turned over every week, in fact I'm getting quite used to it. Let's hope this weeks game against Wolves is as good as last seasons. 4.0. down at half time. I'll be smiling like a Cheshire cat !

Potential to be a great team ? Astonishing comment in view of the shambles today.Let's see how the potential manifests it self at home against Wolves.I would say this team has the potential to be relegated.

It does. It has the potential to be promoted too. Such are the nature of young teams - a few results either way and momentum could pull us towards either end of the table.

Said it in another thread but there is no way the team that played yesterday is the team we will be seeing at Christmas, probably even the end of this month. To be writing us off as potential relegation fodder after just two games is ridiculous, just as is hailing us as promotion candidates. The squad is still in transition, we all knew there were going to be hangovers with players still in contract this season and the players that have come in to supplement those are young and, bar Flint and Fielding, are inexperienced at this level. Yesterday was just plain embarrassing at times but I'm not about to start labelling us relegation candidates.

Said it in another thread but there is no way the team that played yesterday is the team we will be seeing at Christmas, probably even the end of this month. To be writing us off as potential relegation fodder after just two games is ridiculous, just as is hailing us as promotion candidates. The squad is still in transition, we all knew there were going to be hangovers with players still in contract this season and the players that have come in to supplement those are young and, bar Flint and Fielding, are inexperienced at this level. Yesterday was just plain embarrassing at times but I'm not about to start labelling us relegation candidates.

It does frustrate me a bit that it's taken one defeat (admittedly an extreme one but still a loss by one goal) for all the Corporal Joneses amongst our support to throw the towel in and write everything off as a disaster.

Throughout preseason we were constantly told this was going to be a transitional season, to prepare ourselves for some painful results and not to expect us to fly out the blocks and charge for promotion. And above all to be patient and not to jump on young players when they make some mistakes. But nonetheless a certain % of our fanbase seem to think we're automatically entitled to promotion and seem to be shocked, baffled and appalled when a team in the same division as us has the temerity to beat us whilst another certain % seems to take every single defeat as a portent of the apocalypse.

In a couple of months time, we'll have an idea of where we are and where other teams are. But realistically this is going to be a transitional season and, wherever we finish, I'd wager the nature of a new team blending together is we'll be stronger in the second half of the season than the first few weeks.

It does frustrate me a bit that it's taken one defeat (admittedly an extreme one but still a loss by one goal) for all the Corporal Joneses amongst our support to throw the towel in and write everything off as a disaster.

Throughout preseason we were constantly told this was going to be a transitional season, to prepare ourselves for some painful results and not to expect us to fly out the blocks and charge for promotion. And above all to be patient and not to jump on young players when they make some mistakes. But nonetheless a certain % of our fanbase seem to think we're automatically entitled to promotion and seem to be shocked, baffled and appalled when a team in the same division as us has the temerity to beat us whilst another certain % seems to take every single defeat as a portent of the apocalypse.

In a couple of months time, we'll have an idea of where we are and where other teams are. But realistically this is going to be a transitional season and, wherever we finish, I'd wager the nature of a new team blending together is we'll be stronger in the second half of the season than the first few weeks.

Oi! Stop talking sense and grab me that pitchfork & torch, I'm going hunting for scapegoats!

Archived