IGNORED

How Can Things Change...

Lew-T

So quickly within a few days?! On Tuesday it sounded that we swept Gillingham away with ease, looked quality and kept a clean sheet.

So who ever went to both games, please tell me what was different? Individual errors, better opposition or just a bad day at the office. Very odd

First 15 mins we looked good, then Flint got wrong side, soft penalty, shape was wrong and we were too narrow, nothing down the left. SO'D fixed this but we faced an uphill battle. We looked like what we are - a team who haven't even had time to give each other nick names yet.

Drop Fonts.

That fourth goal was a school boy error, never let the ball bounce and he did, it was shocking.

He never looked like anything other than the liability that he is

As much as I hate to knock one of our players but he seriously needs to question where his career is going

This losing mentality is affecting every facet of his game

We have to be realistic. Today was unacceptable but we're a young team and half of them are new signings - it takes time for teams to blend and young players make mistakes. That doesn't excuse Fontaine, obviously, but I think we need to be patient and accept it's all going to be a bit up and down for the first few months of the season.

Despite what others have said, I wouldn't be shocked in the least if we beat Wolves next week. Consistency is going to be an issue for us this season. The problem is that everyone got a bit carried away by the Gillingham game and became convinced we're one of the favourites for the league. SOD has said several times it'll take time for the team to gel and that this'll be a season of transition. I've no doubt we'll put in several more performances like the Gillingham game. Problem is we'll put in several more performances like today too.

We have to be realistic. Today was unacceptable but we're a young team and half of them are new signings - it takes time for teams to blend and young players make mistakes. That doesn't excuse Fontaine, obviously, but I think we need to be patient and accept it's all going to be a bit up and down for the first few months of the season.

Despite what others have said, I wouldn't be shocked in the least if we beat Wolves next week. Consistency is going to be an issue for us this season. The problem is that everyone got a bit carried away by the Gillingham game and became convinced we're one of the favourites for the league. SOD has said several times it'll take time for the team to gel and that this'll be a season of transition. I've no doubt we'll put in several more performances like the Gillingham game. Problem is we'll put in several more performances like today too.

I'm not sure that is the problem!

If we had lost 3-0 0r 3-1 then maybe I could put it down to consistency or a bad day! We should have been 2-0 before they scored went 3-0 down because we fell apart and then came storming back only two let in two poor goals...Thats not inconsistency in the main its careless...

JET obviously had a good game, Baldock should have had a hat-trick at least, but a seasoned defender to miss a header right after pulling back to 3-3 is unforgivable!

Yes JET maybe inconsistent maybe Wynter and one or two others as well....But do the basics for god sake!

Archived